Lewis and Clark vs University of Denver (DU)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
enkizu

Lewis and Clark vs University of Denver (DU)

Postby enkizu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:06 am

I have been accepted into DU and I am still waiting to hear from L&C, but if I get in I am leaning towards L&C. This is mainly because I went to DU for undergrad and I want to live somewhere new. Although I could see myself back in Denver after law school...depending. Generally speaking though, btw L&C and DU? and how transferrable is a L&C degree to Denver? (I also applied to boulder, but Im not holding my breath)

160 and 3.65

twert

Re: Lewis and Clark vs University of Denver (DU)

Postby twert » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:08 am

if you want to practice in denver i think going to lewis and clark would just make your life a lot harder

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:56 am

^ Unless you want to do environmental law, anyway. Then the L&C degree is transferable anywhere.

Jerome

Postby Jerome » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Having lived in both Denver and Portland, I strongly suggest giving Portland a shot if you can stand rain 8 months of the year. And if you are of the liberal mindset. LC is more highly ranked than DU, but if you want to practice in CO, Denver may be a better bet.

enkizu

Postby enkizu » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:57 am

Thanks for all the feedback. I still haven't heard anything from L&C and I still don't know what I would do... (sigh)... They should just let me into Boulder and I wouldn't have this problem...

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:26 am

Anecdotal story: I met this L&C law alum who wanted to work in Denver, ad it took him 15 yrs to do it. From what I understand, Denver is very insular when it comes to legal hiring.

enkizu wrote:Thanks for all the feedback. I still haven't heard anything from L&C and I still don't know what I would do... (sigh)... They should just let me into Boulder and I wouldn't have this problem...

Yay Buffs! (Pioneer hockey's okay as well)

enkizu

Postby enkizu » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:10 pm

So, I have been waitlisted to Boulder. LOCI time. But back to the original question, what about generally speaking in the west? DU vs LC? Which one would allow more mobility? Or are they both entirely regional?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”