DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Space_Cowboy
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:52 am

DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

Postby Space_Cowboy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Go to: (http://members.lsac.org/Public/MainPage ... Page2.aspx)

Click on Data > LSATs Administered

Apocalypse? Discuss.

EDIT: FYI - 140k+ LSATs already administered. On track for 175k-ish.
Last edited by Space_Cowboy on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hans3n
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

Postby hans3n » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:56 pm

You seem surprised by this. I am surprised you seem surprised

User avatar
Space_Cowboy
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:52 am

Re: DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

Postby Space_Cowboy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:57 pm

hans3n wrote:You seem surprised by this. I am surprised you seem surprised


No. Its just that the data just came out.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:46 pm

preliminary estimates say number of applicants up 5% from the preliminary estimates last year.. estimate is about 3%(2,700) from actual applicants last year

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:02 pm

tkgrrett wrote:preliminary estimates say number of applicants up 5% from the preliminary estimates last year.. estimate is about 3%(2,700) from actual applicants last year


Where have you heard this?

I thought that, up to this point, all we really know is that the number of APPLICATIONS has gone up (meaning, it may be the case that the same number of people are applying, it is just they are applying to more schools). I didn't know there was any data on the actual number of applicants.

User avatar
Space_Cowboy
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:52 am

Re: DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

Postby Space_Cowboy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:25 pm

traehekat wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:preliminary estimates say number of applicants up 5% from the preliminary estimates last year.. estimate is about 3%(2,700) from actual applicants last year


Where have you heard this?

I thought that, up to this point, all we really know is that the number of APPLICATIONS has gone up (meaning, it may be the case that the same number of people are applying, it is just they are applying to more schools). I didn't know there was any data on the actual number of applicants.


Someone get on it and ask Dean Pless. :D Schools get this information from LSAC. As of December, applications were up 8% nationally, while the number of applicants was up 1%.

User avatar
Trifles
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

Postby Trifles » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Just think of how many more people you score better then!

User avatar
big_blue79
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:07 am

Re: DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

Postby big_blue79 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Trifles wrote:Just think of how many more people you score better then!


You should probably not think that, then. :wink:

I kid. I know a few folks who decided to take the LSAT thinking to become a lawyer. Based on what they told me they scored, I think I should tell them to stick it out in the ever growing defense contractor industry.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: DECEMBER LSATs up 15.6% from 43.5k to 50k

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 pm

traehekat wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:preliminary estimates say number of applicants up 5% from the preliminary estimates last year.. estimate is about 3%(2,700) from actual applicants last year


Where have you heard this?

I thought that, up to this point, all we really know is that the number of APPLICATIONS has gone up (meaning, it may be the case that the same number of people are applying, it is just they are applying to more schools). I didn't know there was any data on the actual number of applicants.


go to http://members.lsac.org/Public/MainPage ... Page2.aspx under data --> LSAC Volume Summary.
Fall 2009 prelim end-of-year ABA applicants are at 86,100.. up from 83,400 actual in Fall 2008. Pre-lim end of year estimates for applications are 565,000 up for an estimate of 530,600 Fall 2008.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: halone and 6 guests