Nervous

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hjjs22

Nervous

Postby hjjs22 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:32 pm

I submitted an application to a school with only 1 of my LOR received(assuming the other is still going through the marathon processing stage at LSAC) after having been told by LSAC that they will send the letters as they receive them. The school I submitted the app to does not require any LOR, but for my chances I really need them. LSAC says that the report has been sent to them (paper version), but it does not list my LOR has having been attached. Is that normal or should I be concerned that the LOR will not be sent and I am SOL. Thank so much for any advice or knowledge of similar situations.

twert

Re: Nervous

Postby twert » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:43 pm

it should say how many letters you have assigned. i don't think it says the letters where it says that the report has been sent. now sure. however, i applied to several schools with no letters and their responses were exactly what my numbers would suggest.

eshort

Postby eshort » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:49 pm

You should look at the school's website for more information. I am pretty sure I have seen some that specifically say they will not hold your file for additional LORs if you have sent their minimum.

joshhoward

Postby joshhoward » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:50 pm

for some schools, LSAC only sends reports on certain dates (e.g. like 2x a month).

if the letter has been assigned, and LSAC has processed it, you should be able to see that another report is waiting to (or has been ) sent.

call them if you don't see it.

eshort

Postby eshort » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:52 pm

On the LSAC site follow the following to see what LOR you have assigned and the ones that have been sent will have a zooming envelope next to them:
Apply dropdown -> Credentials category -> Letters of Recommendation

superserial

Postby superserial » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:53 pm

I sent my apps off with only one LOR, but assigned one that was pending to the schools to which I applied. LSAC sent an updated report soon after my second LOR was processed. Don't worry.

hjjs22

Postby hjjs22 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:55 pm

I appreciate the help/info, hopefully all the letters will get sent before they even have time to look at my file. Thanks everyone for your quick responses.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”