Referencing Other Addenda Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dlpelletier

New

Referencing Other Addenda

Post by dlpelletier » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:04 pm

So I'll try and keep it simple.

Need to write multiple addendum for my applications, specifically to address academic probation/suspension, time off during school, and my criminal convictions. In an attempt to not over complicate and to keep them concise can I reference them from one to the other. I don't want to be overly redundant in the series of addenda.

The over arching issue here for me was substance abuse. I was/am an alcoholic who drank my first attempt at school away and ended up with a couple of DUIs. Three years ago I entered rehab and got sober, went back to school and have gotten my shit together.

LSAC GPA 2.5 In Major 4.0 (3.9 from my sobriety date/ return to school in 2007 hence the need for an addendum)
LSAT 173

I plan on focusing my PS on either my time in the Marine Corps as a Legal Clerk or my time in Rehab. Have drafts on both just trying to see which one develops into the best as I understand how important that PS is going to be.

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

Miracle

Silver

Re: Referencing Other Addenda

Post by Miracle » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 pm

:| How is your GPA so low?

dlpelletier

New

Re: Referencing Other Addenda

Post by dlpelletier » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:24 pm

At the end of it all I will have like 200 credit hours. I was at Va Tech back in the late 90s did my fresh and soph years and then one semester of junior and one of what would have been senior. Left there with a 1.25 and mess up a few community college classes along the way as well so everything since then had been catch up.

I basically paid the school money registered for classes then never went. Too busy being drinking and being a DB and oh how it has paid off.

I'm hoping that the clear break between those grades and what I have done since getting sober will be taken at least into some consideration. Don't expect them to be ignored though that would be nice since they really are the product of a completely different person.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”