Question about Binding ED

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
OneSixtySix

Question about Binding ED

Postby OneSixtySix » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Lets say one applied to school X under a binding ED agreement and was then waitlisted/rejected, and thus free of the binding agreement. Would that person be able to send school Y a binding ED form or does the fact that a previous agreement was made (even if its been released) block entering any further ED contracts?

avacado111

Re: Question about Binding ED

Postby avacado111 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:56 pm

depending on schools.

but it's okay to do that with uva/gtown. I know a couple of users who have doubled eded to those schools

Need_A_PS

Postby Need_A_PS » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:04 pm

What about applying to georgetown for PT and FT, should I send an addendum indicating that my ED is for FT only? Would that be allowed or does the binding decision include both FT and PT decisions.

I guess my other option would be to apply ED to Full-time, and hope they offer PT as a waitlist option of sorts upon my inevitable waitlist or rejection from FT (I'm 25th% LSAT, 75% GPA)

OneSixtySix

Postby OneSixtySix » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Need_A_PS wrote:What about applying to georgetown for PT and FT, should I send an addendum indicating that my ED is for FT only? Would that be allowed or does the binding decision include both FT and PT decisions.

I guess my other option would be to apply ED to Full-time, and hope they offer PT as a waitlist option of sorts upon my inevitable waitlist or rejection from FT (I'm 25th% LSAT, 75% GPA)

Any takers on this? I'm deciding whether to ED at Georgetown, but not at the expense of committing myself to part-time.

P.S. "Need_A_PS" was an alternate account i created to post my PS. I guess I was logged in somehow and posted it under that account. Now I feel stupid.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”