LSDAS help

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

LSDAS help

Postby Raven1228 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:37 am

This is such a stupid problem to have. I'm trying to request a transcript from my undergrad university.

So I sign up for the LSAC Credential Assembly Service, and I put down all my undergrad information and it has a small link to a PDF file that says "Transcript Request Form."

When I click it, I get a sort of sample I can fill out but can't save or anything. Should I be printing this and hand-mailing? I'm not sure if it's already been requested simply by filling out my schooling information on the LSAC website. Please help, I've been searching their FAQ but I think I'm just missing something obvious.

Thank you.

Re: LSDAS help

Postby im_blue » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:55 am

You print it out, fill it out, and mail it to your undergrad's registrar's office. Alternatively, you could just skip the form and your transcript should still get processed.

Re: LSDAS help

Postby eshort » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:55 pm

I am not sure if I understood what you were saying or not. If I did, though: the LSAC/LSDAS will NOT request the form from your undergrad institution. You need to print the form that pops up when you click the "Transcript Request Form" link under your school name on the Apply->Credentials->Transcripts page on the LSAC website. That form SHOULD be filled out with your undergrad and personal information. Then you need to locate the correct form for a transcript request from you undergrad and fill it out and indicate to them that they need to send the LSAC form with the transcript. Send both forms to your school registrar and they should process your transcript request and mail it to the LSAC who will then process it and post it to your account.
After they do, you should preview the "Academic Summary Report" on the same page where you printed the original form and ensure all the information is correct.

If the LSAC form truly does not have your information (might want to double check this), then you should contact LSAC to see what you should do; this form needs to be included with your undergrad transcript for it to be processed appropriately and efficiently.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”