One more letter or submit?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
anonymous119

One more letter or submit?

Postby anonymous119 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Will it be better to submit another letter (along with the 2 I already have) and having to wait until monday-ish to turn my application or just turn in my application now as it is?
I know for a fact that this last letter will be the strongest of the three but 1. it's not from an academic source, 2. it's not turned in yet so the time factor (rolling admissions) will hurt me.
What do you guys think?

devilishangelrjp

Re: One more letter or submit?

Postby devilishangelrjp » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:56 pm

anonymous119 wrote:Will it be better to submit another letter (along with the 2 I already have) and having to wait until monday-ish to turn my application or just turn in my application now as it is?
I know for a fact that this last letter will be the strongest of the three but 1. it's not from an academic source, 2. it's not turned in yet so the time factor (rolling admissions) will hurt me.
What do you guys think?

Submit as is.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Submit now. Non-academic LORs are not worth much.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:52 pm

If it's going to be faxed and likely show up in the LSDAS on Monday the 18th, I'd say wait. It's not like LSAC or the schools are open on the weekend anyways, so your processing time shouldn't be hurt. Plus, some schools would probably like the non-academic rec if it has to do with work (Nothwestern most notably).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”