Fee Waiver Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawrencecis

New

Fee Waiver Question

Post by lawrencecis » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 pm

After I took the Dec. LSAT I got a ton of fee waivers, including from Columbia, Virginia, Duke, ND....and on down. Although I'm applying to the schools that sent me fee waivers, unless I get into a school that I really want to I will apply again early next cycle - I applied in January to all these schools.

My question is: if I change my profile status on LSAC to indicate that I am applying in the following cycle, will I get more/different fee waivers? (By the way, I'm a URM).

Thanks for the help.

legalized

Bronze

Re: Fee Waiver Question

Post by legalized » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:22 pm

lawrencecis wrote:After I took the Dec. LSAT I got a ton of fee waivers, including from Columbia, Virginia, Duke, ND....and on down. Although I'm applying to the schools that sent me fee waivers, unless I get into a school that I really want to I will apply again early next cycle - I applied in January to all these schools.

My question is: if I change my profile status on LSAC to indicate that I am applying in the following cycle, will I get more/different fee waivers? (By the way, I'm a URM).

Thanks for the help.
It's too late for this cycle, no matter what the deadlines tell you.

What was your score? I wanna know cause I didn't know some reserve sending fee waivers til after they see what you scored. Just on my existing info in the LSDAS I've already received fee waivers and kissing up (from lesser schools though).

I have just this month changed my profile on LSAC to indicate that I am applying in the coming cycle.

I am sure you will get more, but perhaps they will wait until this cycle is over to start sending them to you.

Good luck!

lt0826

Bronze

Re: Fee Waiver Question

Post by lt0826 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 pm

I waited a couple years after the LSAC and changed my profile. I've gotten significantly fewer fee waivers unsolicited the 2nd time around. However, I've had decent success sending emails to the admissions offices of the schools I want to apply to, giving them my LSAC #, LSAT and GPA, and asking for a merit based fee waiver. So overall it ended up about the same.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”