Hw does this addendum sound? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tx1987

Bronze

Hw does this addendum sound?

Post by tx1987 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Also, I have two MIPs and am not sure about he exact dates - should I just put the month? And should I just add it on to the end of this addendum or do a separate document?

Addendum

In the Fall 2007 semester, I was in a car accident in which I broke both my legs. I was in a wheelchair and need to focus on physical therapy, so I decided to take a grade of “Incomplete” in three of my classes and dropped the fourth, in which attendance was crucial. My professors allowed me time to make-up my assignments and my cumulative GPA for that semester was a 3.33.
I also decided to take the Spring 2008 semester off and use that time for recovery. I made an effort to attend my first few classes of the semester, but found out that I still was not physically capable. Regardless of the dropped course and the semester off, I still graduated in four years because of college credit earned in high school and by exam and because I attended summer school to make-up for my absence.

BizOwner

New

Re: Hw does this addendum sound?

Post by BizOwner » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Sounds a bit whiny. Stick to the chronological facts.

And the last line needs some cleaning up...too many "and"s

tx1987

Bronze

Post by tx1987 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:14 pm

BizOwner wrote:Sounds a bit whiny. Stick to the chronological facts.

And the last line needs some cleaning up...too many "and"s
Ok. Thanks.

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:34 pm

There are a couple of grammatical errors, but I don't think it sounds whiny. What the heck? Why do people say that so often on this board? You broke BOTH of your legs - that's going to impede some things, and I think that you didn't say woe is me as much as just stated that you needed (rather than need, as you currently have it) to focus on your rehab.

tx1987

Bronze

Post by tx1987 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:45 pm

kwhitegocubs wrote:There are a couple of grammatical errors, but I don't think it sounds whiny. What the heck? Why do people say that so often on this board? You broke BOTH of your legs - that's going to impede some things, and I think that you didn't say woe is me as much as just stated that you needed (rather than need, as you currently have it) to focus on your rehab.
Thank you and I will fix my grammatical errors. I think people are really critical because they think the adcomms will be really critical? But, yeah, it's hard not to take it personally. My PS was ripped apart my someone and I was moping around all day. :) I don't have a thick skin, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”