soliciting fee waivers

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
becauseimaddicted

soliciting fee waivers

Postby becauseimaddicted » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 am

Exactly how does one solicit a fee waiver? For example, I have received copious communication from several schools and have not received fee waivers.

Do I just ask via email? How have you all worded such requests? It feels rather awkward for me.

In anticipation of any "grow a pair if you want to be a lawyer" responses, please feel free. But considering that, as applicants we are basically at the mercy of these admissions officers, I don't want to step on anyones toes.

Thanks guys!!

edited because I just read GW doesn't give fee waivers and now I feel like a dunce.

Kiersten1985

Re: soliciting fee waivers

Postby Kiersten1985 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:58 am

Too lazy to do it myself, but if you run a search you should be able to find this pretty quickly.

becauseimaddicted

Postby becauseimaddicted » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 pm

fair enough, thanks.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Make sure you include your LSAC account number, full name, and your numbers (if you think they will help you). I basically said I recently became interested in applying to whatever school however I have run out of money to apply to any more schools. My emails weren't worded perfectly but they got the job done, most of the schools I requested a fee waiver for obliged.

For what its worth, my numbers are pretty competitive at the schools I requested fee waivers for, so that may have helped. Still, even if you are hovering around the 25th % in LSAT and/or GPA, I think a lot of schools are happy to grant you a fee waiver if nothing else just to deny you and decrease their acceptance rate.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”