Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheJudge
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

Postby TheJudge » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:46 am

Everyone is raving about how strong ND's alumni base is and how that is one of the biggest assets of the school. Why is that the case and how is it stronger than other schools' alumni base? I don't understand....

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:47 am

TheJudge wrote:Everyone is raving about how strong ND's alumni base is and how that is one of the biggest assets of the school. Why is that the case and how is it stronger than other schools' alumni base? I don't understand....


Image

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

Postby Kiersten1985 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:53 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:
TheJudge wrote:Everyone is raving about how strong ND's alumni base is and how that is one of the biggest assets of the school. Why is that the case and how is it stronger than other schools' alumni base? I don't understand....


Image


lol

TheJudge
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Re: Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

Postby TheJudge » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 am

Ah I see. Will Jeebus write me a rec letter although I am below median? Anyone know?


BTW, guy in the front right corner--just got his rejection from hahvad.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

Postby holydonkey » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:01 am

When you eat the body of Christ you gain his courage...and alumni network.

TheJudge
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Re: Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

Postby TheJudge » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:04 am

holydonkey wrote:When you eat the body of Christ you gain his courage...and alumni network.



One billion strong...

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

Postby 98234872348 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 am

TheJudge wrote:Ah I see. Will Jeebus write me a rec letter although I am below median? Anyone know?


BTW, guy in the front right corner--just got his rejection from hahvad.

Not even Jesus can save you ITE if you're below median at ND, sorry...

User avatar
underachiever
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:09 pm

Re: Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

Postby underachiever » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:08 am

Its a cult, lol...No, people who go there just seem to LOVE the school more then any other school. I think its strong sports teams play a huge role (over the history of college sports they are a top 5 overall sports school), They have no real state identity (i.e. most people don't even know its in Indiana & most of the school is from out of state), followed by religious identity (70 million Catholics in US alone) and ethnic identity (Irish, 36,278,332 million in US 11.9% of the US population in 2008)

fedtaxed
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: Why is Notre Dame's alumni base awesomer than other schools?

Postby fedtaxed » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 am

TheJudge wrote:Everyone is raving about how strong ND's alumni base is and how that is one of the biggest assets of the school. Why is that the case and how is it stronger than other schools' alumni base? I don't understand....

As a person who's been involved in the ND alumni network through my family since I was a kid, I can tell you that there is a strong bond between alumns. I think that a lot of it has to do with the types of people that attend ND & the culture of the university. It's a family, & you help family out.

Of course, I can't compare ND to any other school's alumni network, so my comments are limited. I'm just saying that ND's alumni network is awesome.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests