LOR mistake Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
angioletto

Bronze

LOR mistake

Post by angioletto » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 pm

On one of my apps I listed all of my recommenders' names. Due to a very personal issue one of those recommenders was unable to write his letter for me so my app was submitted with 2 out of 3 LORs. This school does not require any LORs but because I listed all 3 recommenders they sent me an e-mail saying my app is incomplete without that LOR and that I need to notify them if I would like them to process my app without it.

I am fine with them processing my app with only the LORs that were submitted but I am wondering if this "missing LOR" will somehow reflect negatively on me. I think it would be pretty inconsiderate for me to divulge the details re: why the recommender was unable to write the letter but it seems like if I don't give them a reason why it wasn't submitted that it will look like my recommender refused to write the letter.

Is my best bet to reply with a simple "yes, please process my app without the missing LOR?"

sayruss11

New

Re: LOR mistake

Post by sayruss11 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:47 pm

angioletto wrote: Is my best bet to reply with a simple "yes, please process my app without the missing LOR?"
yes.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”