Application Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ACinemaStare

Application Question

Postby ACinemaStare » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:14 pm

I have a general question about my applications. I am 1/8 Cherokee Indian and would like to put this on applications that allow you to put multiple nationalities. My question is this:
I took the LSAT twice. On my first answer sheet, I put Caucasian and Native American. The second time I took the test, I only put Caucasian and mistakenly forgot to put Native American. As I said, I would like to put both on my applications that allow you to, but I am wondering if I will be questioned about this since I didn't select both on my second LSAT. Should I include an addendum stating that I forget to select it on my second LSAT? Any help on the issue would be great.
Also, if anyone knows, does the personal statement have to be double spaced?
This is my first post here, so hi everyone!

WhiskeyGuy

Re: Application Question

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Personal statements should be double spaced unless you are instructed otherwise by the school.

The fact that you put NA on one sheet and not on the other will automatically make your claim suspect, whether you include an addendum about it or not. How are you going to explain that you forgot?

Do you have a diversity statement that explains your NA community involvement? If you do, it would allay fears that you didn't check NA because you don't actually identify as one.

ACinemaStare

Re: Application Question

Postby ACinemaStare » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:25 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:Personal statements should be double spaced unless you are instructed otherwise by the school.

The fact that you put NA on one sheet and not on the other will automatically make your claim suspect, whether you include an addendum about it or not. How are you going to explain that you forgot?

Do you have a diversity statement that explains your NA community involvement? If you do, it would allay fears that you didn't check NA because you don't actually identify as one.

No, my diversity statement isn't about that. I'll just put Caucasian as my nationality. Thanks for the input though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”