I'm an idiot, put wrong year for semester abroad on resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MH2013

I'm an idiot, put wrong year for semester abroad on resume

Postby MH2013 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Ok, so I was looking over the resume that I used in all of my law school applications, and I realized that I put spring 2008 for my study abroad semester as opposed to spring 2009. I don’t know how I/everyone who helped me proofread missed this, but somehow we did. Should I just let it go, or should I send an email to each school with a corrected resume explaining that I listed the wrong date on the original resume and apologizing for the mistake? I’m not sure how in depth they are going to look at my resume/if they’ll even catch my mistake, and I don’t want to draw unnecessary attention to it. On the other hand, my academic summary report lists my spring 2009 grades from a different institution than my undergrad as a result of being abroad, so I don’t want a resume stating that my semester abroad was spring of 2008 to cause any confusion. Thanks!

angioletto

Re: I'm an idiot, put wrong year for semester abroad on resume

Postby angioletto » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:44 pm

I would just send a corrected resume but I don't think you need to explain why. Just send an e-mail saying you are sending an updated version of your resume to replace the version they received with your application packet.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”