What does "Report Date" mean under Report Status in LSAC? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SandyC877

Bronze

What does "Report Date" mean under Report Status in LSAC?

Post by SandyC877 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm

LSAC says something along the lines of "Report Date is when the reports are actually sent. It takes week to two weeks for schools to receive it from the "Report Date."

Is this correct? Some of my schools have a report date of 1/5 but they still haven't received my LSDAS =(. Still incomplete!

fonzerelli

Bronze

Re: What does "Report Date" mean under Report Status in LSAC?

Post by fonzerelli » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:00 pm

SandyC877 wrote:LSAC says something along the lines of "Report Date is when the reports are actually sent. It takes week to two weeks for schools to receive it from the "Report Date."

Is this correct? Some of my schools have a report date of 1/5 but they still haven't received my LSDAS =(. Still incomplete!
Take a look at the method in which the reports were sent.... "Image" is of course faster than "paper," which means an actual paper copy is sent which then later requires some time to be received, processed, etc, by the receiving school.

Alas, everything takes several days/weeks..... I wouldn't worry about it. Give it a few more weeks I'd say.

Marisa5252

New

Post by Marisa5252 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:03 pm

SandyC877 wrote:LSAC says something along the lines of "Report Date is when the reports are actually sent. It takes week to two weeks for schools to receive it from the "Report Date."

Schools (some more so than others) take a long time to process your stuff. The report date for my NYU App was 12/11 but they didn't "complete" my app until 1/12. For Penn my report date was 12/17 and they still haven't completed it. Try to be patient but in a few weeks I might call the admissions office just to politely make sure they have all your stuff and haven't lost it or anything. I'm planning to do that for Penn if it's not complete by Monday or so.

Edit: My Penn application just became complete today (1/14)
Last edited by Marisa5252 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PoliticalJunkie

Bronze

Post by PoliticalJunkie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:08 pm

From LSAC:

REPORT DATE: Electronic PDF's available, paper reports arrive at school 8 to 10 working days after the report date

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”