Am I too late to apply?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SoCalKevin

Am I too late to apply?

Postby SoCalKevin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm looking at Loyola, which has a cutoff app date of 2/1. I can get the app in by then, but my first test date isn't until 1/6. So- do they hold off on their decision until they receive my score, or am I too late altogether? And is it a bad idea to push it this late, esp without knowing what my score will be before I apply?

No1ustad

Re: Am I too late to apply?

Postby No1ustad » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:35 pm

if it's where u wanna go and u know it, I would. it might be a waste of $70, or w/e the fee is, but it may save you a whole cycle.

Trifles

Postby Trifles » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 pm

SoCalKevin wrote:I'm looking at Loyola, which has a cutoff app date of 2/1. I can get the app in by then, but my first test date isn't until 1/6. So- do they hold off on their decision until they receive my score, or am I too late altogether? And is it a bad idea to push it this late, esp without knowing what my score will be before I apply?

Test date isn't until 1/6? You mean 2/6? If you are taking the LSAT 5 days after their application deadline, then you are going to have your file go complete over a month too late to apply to Loyola, I say its a no go. Sorry :cry:

SoCalKevin

Postby SoCalKevin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Trifles wrote:
SoCalKevin wrote:I'm looking at Loyola, which has a cutoff app date of 2/1. I can get the app in by then, but my first test date isn't until 1/6. So- do they hold off on their decision until they receive my score, or am I too late altogether? And is it a bad idea to push it this late, esp without knowing what my score will be before I apply?

Test date isn't until 1/6? You mean 2/6? If you are taking the LSAT 5 days after their application deadline, then you are going to have your file go complete over a month too late to apply to Loyola, I say its a no go. Sorry :cry:

oops- 2/6, yes. Dammit.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rx3r

Postby rx3r » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:31 pm

My friend applied after the deadline last year, and was WL --> in. Her GPA was median and her LSAT was between median and 75th %.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”