Shocking rejections

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby 09042014 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:02 am

tomhobbes wrote:I don't get it. What does being an outspoken internet atheist have to do with all of rookhawk's vague claims that the establishment was threatened by him? Does he think that law schools are filled with Southern Baptists?


Yea I have no clue. I put membership in a campus atheist group on my resume. My cycle went as well as can be expected.

The weirdest part is how pro Notre Dame he was.

I'm not sure why he think the ivory towers of academia are against him. Its probably the most atheist segment of the American population.

User avatar
BigA
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby BigA » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:11 am

I totally forgot about this guy and I made this thread. So adult male film star has been ruled out? That's disappointing.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby 09042014 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:46 am

BigA wrote:I totally forgot about this guy and I made this thread. So adult male film star has been ruled out? That's disappointing.


He doesn't have a bachelors degree either.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby Sauer Grapes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:23 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
BigA wrote:I totally forgot about this guy and I made this thread. So adult male film star has been ruled out? That's disappointing.

He doesn't have a bachelors degree either.

If that is the truth, then that must be why they are throwing out his application. I just figured his posts were the result of his paranoia.

That finally makes that make sense. I just assumed he was lying when he kept insisting they were refusing to even review his application before throwing it out. However, this provides an actual (non-conspiracy-theory) reason for them to, so I guess he was telling the truth there... though not really about why they were doing it.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby Ragged » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Dinged at Berkley after getting FRed.

LSAT 75%, GPA somewhere around median... no special softs or WE.... is that shocking?

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby Unitas » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:57 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
BigA wrote:I totally forgot about this guy and I made this thread. So adult male film star has been ruled out? That's disappointing.

He doesn't have a bachelors degree either.

If that is the truth, then that must be why they are throwing out his application. I just figured his posts were the result of his paranoia.

That finally makes that make sense. I just assumed he was lying when he kept insisting they were refusing to even review his application before throwing it out. However, this provides an actual (non-conspiracy-theory) reason for them to, so I guess he was telling the truth there... though not really about why they were doing it.



Why do people say he doesn't have a bachelors degree? Didn't he say he graduated from Notre Dame??

This is boring now. I thought it was something interesting, like killed someone with good reason or political speaker for communism or something that might interest the likes of TLS. Being an atheist is not interesting in law school, more the norm. Having a bachelors is a rule at most schools, nothing special about them rejecting someone that doesn't meet the qualifications. But hey if he doesn't have a bachelors he can go back to UG and pad his abysmal GPA.

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby umichgrad » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:03 pm

he's a mason

User avatar
crazycanuck
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby crazycanuck » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:09 pm

A fat girl said no when I asked her to dance in grade 9 because she was looking lonely along the wall by herself.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:13 pm

crazycanuck wrote:A fat girl said no when I asked her to dance in grade 9 because she was looking lonely along the wall by herself.



That's clearly yield protection.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby keg411 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:I think it probably has more to do with him being convinced that they are scared of the fact he challenges the system. I doubt it has much to do with his rejections.


I know someone who actually "challenged the system" and got into Harvard off the WL with a 164 (non-URM, not super recent). He had the definition of epic softs (and he ended up not being able to go to Harvard because of his family).

User avatar
Creed Fan
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 am

Re: Shocking rejections

Postby Creed Fan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:21 pm

crazycanuck wrote:A fat girl said no when I asked her to dance in grade 9 because she was looking lonely along the wall by herself.


Do you reflect on this moment and start singing the BNL song?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PRinNYC and 4 guests