Shocking rejections Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Diamond

Re: Shocking rejections

Post by 09042014 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:02 am

tomhobbes wrote:I don't get it. What does being an outspoken internet atheist have to do with all of rookhawk's vague claims that the establishment was threatened by him? Does he think that law schools are filled with Southern Baptists?
Yea I have no clue. I put membership in a campus atheist group on my resume. My cycle went as well as can be expected.

The weirdest part is how pro Notre Dame he was.

I'm not sure why he think the ivory towers of academia are against him. Its probably the most atheist segment of the American population.

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:11 am

I totally forgot about this guy and I made this thread. So adult male film star has been ruled out? That's disappointing.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:46 am

BigA wrote:I totally forgot about this guy and I made this thread. So adult male film star has been ruled out? That's disappointing.
He doesn't have a bachelors degree either.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
BigA wrote:I totally forgot about this guy and I made this thread. So adult male film star has been ruled out? That's disappointing.
If that is the truth, then that must be why they are throwing out his application. I just figured his posts were the result of his paranoia.
That finally makes that make sense. I just assumed he was lying when he kept insisting they were refusing to even review his application before throwing it out. However, this provides an actual (non-conspiracy-theory) reason for them to, so I guess he was telling the truth there... though not really about why they were doing it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Dinged at Berkley after getting FRed.

LSAT 75%, GPA somewhere around median... no special softs or WE.... is that shocking?

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:57 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
If that is the truth, then that must be why they are throwing out his application. I just figured his posts were the result of his paranoia.
That finally makes that make sense. I just assumed he was lying when he kept insisting they were refusing to even review his application before throwing it out. However, this provides an actual (non-conspiracy-theory) reason for them to, so I guess he was telling the truth there... though not really about why they were doing it.

Why do people say he doesn't have a bachelors degree? Didn't he say he graduated from Notre Dame??

This is boring now. I thought it was something interesting, like killed someone with good reason or political speaker for communism or something that might interest the likes of TLS. Being an atheist is not interesting in law school, more the norm. Having a bachelors is a rule at most schools, nothing special about them rejecting someone that doesn't meet the qualifications. But hey if he doesn't have a bachelors he can go back to UG and pad his abysmal GPA.

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:03 pm

he's a mason

crazycanuck

Gold

Post by crazycanuck » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:09 pm

A fat girl said no when I asked her to dance in grade 9 because she was looking lonely along the wall by herself.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:13 pm

crazycanuck wrote:A fat girl said no when I asked her to dance in grade 9 because she was looking lonely along the wall by herself.

That's clearly yield protection.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:I think it probably has more to do with him being convinced that they are scared of the fact he challenges the system. I doubt it has much to do with his rejections.
I know someone who actually "challenged the system" and got into Harvard off the WL with a 164 (non-URM, not super recent). He had the definition of epic softs (and he ended up not being able to go to Harvard because of his family).

Creed Fan

New

Post by Creed Fan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:21 pm

crazycanuck wrote:A fat girl said no when I asked her to dance in grade 9 because she was looking lonely along the wall by herself.
Do you reflect on this moment and start singing the BNL song?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”