faxing uofw form a and b??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
taytay

faxing uofw form a and b??

Postby taytay » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 pm

So I am an idiot and for some very strange reason I thought the university of washington deadline was dec 1st and that I had missed it so i didn't apply before. Anyways it is actually jan 15 and I would still like to apply but they have a form a and b which on their website says to mail it in. Would I be able to fax it? has anyone else faxed instead of mailed? their is no way I'll make it in time otherwise

Bohemka

Re: faxing uofw form a and b??

Postby Bohemka » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:13 pm

If I remember right, Form A is just the general part of the application you fill out on LSAC, so you don't have to worry about sending it in if you apply electronically through LSAC.
Form B does have to be mailed in by your undergraduate institution. Maybe contact UW directly to see if they can fax it.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 pm

I think they can scan it and email it, but you better hurry.

UrbanAchievers

Postby UrbanAchievers » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 pm

They will not accept a fax from your undergrad. You may fax the form with your signature to your undergrad, but the UG official's sig must be original.

I had this conversation with an admissions person. She was very nice and thorough.

Good luck, you're not too late. The letter must be post-marked January 15th, not received by Jan 15th. So find someone at your UG to be an advocate for you.

taytay

Postby taytay » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:26 am

good to here I've still got some time. thanks for the quick responses

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:59 am

Contact your undergrad and make it very clear you need the Form B signed and sent by Friday. They like to bide their time on these things. Mine took two months.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:04 am

Call your undergrad institution directly after you fax them your Form B and make sure they are on top of it. I called every day until I was positive they had mailed it to UW. Annoying? Yes. But it's one factor of the appliction you have little control over. My form B process (from having my UG fill it out, to receipt at UW, to processing at UW) took 6 days. Probably because I was so annoying/persistent to get it out of the way.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Get your app out immediately, and, as noted by several posters, contact your undergrad school and make sure they know you need form sent out by Friday. If possible go in person and make sure you talk to the person who will actually be responsible for getting it signed and sent out, then call or go in every day and multiple times on Friday if necessary to make sure they actually send it. It has been my experience that you have to be very persistent with university bureaucrats, most of them are lazy and don't realize the significant impact that not doing their jobs can have on peoples lives. Also, call the admissions office at UW and make sure you are going through all the proper steps to get your app in on time, my guess is that if for some reason you can't get your undergrad to mail form B on time they will still consider your application as long as everything else is in, especially if you call and let them know what is going on. Do your best not to risk it though.

ki3ngar0o

Postby ki3ngar0o » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:44 pm

i spoke to someone at the admissions office today, and she told me that form b doesn't necessarily have to be in the mail by jan 15. As long as your app, personal statement, & resume are in, it won't matter that your form b is sent a little late.

hope this helps!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”