Admissions waiting till Feb Test, dispite not mentioning it Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mdeleon4

New

Admissions waiting till Feb Test, dispite not mentioning it

Post by mdeleon4 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:44 pm

I sent my application to Hofstra in december. I am taking the Feb test, but when i applied to the school I left the feb test off of my application. The LSAC always says they will not inform the school on their own.

Hofstra actually looked up my profile to see if I was taking the Feb test. Do other schools do this? I called St. Johns and they did no such thing.

Bunch of crap lol.....

evergirl23

Bronze

Re: Admissions waiting till Feb Test, dispite not mentioning it

Post by evergirl23 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Can you ask them not to hold it? Most of the schools I am applying to told I had an option - I could opt to have it held or opt to have it not held. The only school that insisted on holding for February was UCLA.

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:19 pm

This remains a mystery. The LSAC claims they will not inform schools, but time and time again TLS users attest to the fact that the schools can, in fact, find out if you are signed up for a future LSAT. Some care and hold your app, some don't and will process your application regardless.

Swamp Monster

New

Post by Swamp Monster » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm in the same boat but the more I think about it the less I worry about it. If your numbers are towards the middle of the pack they were probably going to hold off for a while, and if you improve in February it might push you to the front of the pack then. It's not like late February/Early March is so incredibly late that they will be absolutely out of seats...worst case, you'll probably be in the same position you would have been in otherwise.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”