Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SandyC877

Bronze
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 am

Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby SandyC877 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:18 pm

and accepted 146s-

Did I sleep through something?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

User avatar
rw2264

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:59 am

Re: Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby rw2264 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm

yield protection.

isaiah6v8

Bronze
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby isaiah6v8 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm

they know the 174's are not going to go there. They probably assume they are joking, or just waiting to post Cooley's response on TLS.

goodolgil

Silver
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby goodolgil » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Fake profile/jokes in real profiles

User avatar
Ragged

Silver
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby Ragged » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:26 pm

You need 176+ to go to Cooley.

SandyC877

Bronze
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby SandyC877 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:29 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:they know the 174's are not going to go there. They probably assume they are joking, or just waiting to post Cooley's response on TLS.


if that was the case, they (cooley folks) just completely undermined the integrity of the law app process.

User avatar
thesealocust

Platinum
Posts: 8523
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:30 pm

n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Trifles

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby Trifles » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:42 pm

I am fairly certain those are joke profiles, Cooley has an admissions index on their site to let you know if you will be accepted or not. They don't yield protect or any of that other silly stuff, because they don't care about the USNWR rankings.

User avatar
OGR3

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby OGR3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Trifles wrote:I am fairly certain those are joke profiles, Cooley has an admissions index on their site to let you know if you will be accepted or not. They don't yield protect or any of that other silly stuff, because they don't care about the USNWR rankings.


You don't need to care when you have your own ranking system which is significantly better.

User avatar
Trifles

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Cooley rejected 174+ applicants.

Postby Trifles » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:45 pm

OGR3 wrote:
Trifles wrote:I am fairly certain those are joke profiles, Cooley has an admissions index on their site to let you know if you will be accepted or not. They don't yield protect or any of that other silly stuff, because they don't care about the USNWR rankings.


You don't need to care when you have your own ranking system which is significantly better.


Exactly. They arn't going to yield protect.



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests