I've been waitlisted. When is the latest I should hear from+ Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ILikedLogicGames

New

I've been waitlisted. When is the latest I should hear from+

Post by ILikedLogicGames » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:41 am

them? I was never waitlisted as an undergrad so I'm new to this. The letter I received is very vague, and says they "cannot estimate when I will receive the ultimate decision" (or something to that effect). I'm hoping it's before April...

parker09

Bronze

Re: I've been waitlisted. When is the latest I should hear from+

Post by parker09 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:44 am

Depends on where you're waitlisted, but most likely not before April... it could be anytime from now until the first day of class.

No, I'm not kidding.

For example, Penn doesn't start re-reviewing waitlistees till mid-May, after their admits have put down seat deposits or not, and that's when they'll know how many spots they have available based on their yield. And if you look at any waitlist threads from last year, you'll see people getting the call up to mid/late August, right before they're about to head off to another school.

So... sorry :( (I'm in the same boat)

hellomoto

New

Post by hellomoto » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:29 am

Very true. I went through the cycle last year and was waitlisted at a number of schools. I actually got a call from a dean in the middle of August when the new semester already started (I am a teacher.) Needless to say, I stayed in my job.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 am

hellomoto wrote:Very true. I went through the cycle last year and was waitlisted at a number of schools. I actually got a call from a dean in the middle of August when the new semester already started (I am a teacher.) Needless to say, I stayed in my job.
that sucks. i expect to be waitlisted at my top choices, but my fiance is a teacher. we cant just pick up and go in mid-august without her having a job. she needs to know at the latest by may so she can start sending out her resume/researching school districts. i wonder if there is a way to convey this to the admissions office if waitlisted to expedite the process?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”