How long does LSAC take to process LOR?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
davisuga

How long does LSAC take to process LOR?

Postby davisuga » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 pm

A professor mailed an LOR of mine Tuesday, January 5th, a week ago tomorrow. He claims to have sent it overnight, but who actually knows. Either way, once LSAC has received the LOR how long does it usually take them to post it under my profile as "received"? Does anybody actually know? Thanks for the help.

Bohemka

Re: How long does LSAC take to process LOR?

Postby Bohemka » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm

davisuga wrote:A professor mailed an LOR of mine Tuesday, January 5th, a week ago tomorrow. He claims to have sent it overnight, but who actually knows. Either way, once LSAC has received the LOR how long does it usually take them to post it under my profile as "received"? Does anybody actually know? Thanks for the help.

The amount of time it takes for them to process really seems to vary. Based on my personal experience, it took about 2 weeks from the time it was sent. Though mine was not overnighted, and was sent around Thanksgiving so not sure it applies to your case.
If you're really worried about it, you might just want to have it faxed. Those seem to be processed within a day or two of being sent.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”