Ten point font Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sudoku

New

Ten point font

Post by sudoku » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 am

Is anything less than size eleven font undeniably a "no"? The school's app does not explicitly mention a font size, but the general consensus I receive from this board is that anything under twelve--eleven if you must--is a no-no. Thanks!

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Re: Ten point font

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 am

Depending on the instructions of the school, go with 11 or 12. No one wants to read 10 font.

jonas586

New

Post by jonas586 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:09 am

sudoku wrote:Is anything less than size eleven font undeniably a "no"? The school's app does not explicitly mention a font size, but the general consensus I receive from this board is that anything under twelve--eleven if you must--is a no-no. Thanks!
I love sudoku btw

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 am

Ten-point font is definitely a "no." Adcoms reading dozens of applications per day will surely notice that you're trying to squeeze in too many words.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:11 am

im_blue wrote:Ten-point font is definitely a "no." Adcoms reading dozens of applications per day will surely notice that you're trying to squeeze in too many words.
+1, I think it is preferable to just go with 11 pt. instead and be a marginal amount over the supposed limit. Such limits are not hard and fast and act more like guidelines from what I hear. I think a little extra length is forgiven more easily than is an unreadable font. Just IMO.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:12 am

sudoku wrote:Is anything less than size eleven font undeniably a "no"? The school's app does not explicitly mention a font size, but the general consensus I receive from this board is that anything under twelve--eleven if you must--is a no-no. Thanks!
The only place I used 10-point font was on my resume... for little details. But on the personal statement, NO NO! :lol: But seriously, if you must use 10-point to nail two pages, your PS could probably be tightened up just a bit. 10-point WILL be noticed; I promise.

sudoku

New

Post by sudoku » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Ah, thank you for the responses! Problem solved :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”