Do I have to report grad school grades?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gboogie

Do I have to report grad school grades?

Postby gboogie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:23 pm

I've already graduated from college, and I'm taking a math class ("real analysis") with Stanford EPGY (I guess it's for "gifted youths", but it's really open to older people as well, like me. It's one of the only online math classes I could find, and it would be helpful if I end up going to economics grad school.) I was told by LSAC that this counts as a grad school class, even though it's not really grad level, because I'm taking it after undergrad. I told them I probably wouldn't have my transcript/grade back in time to include it in my law school apps. They said that's fine, because a late grad school transcript will not delay the processing of my applications. But they said that I should still list it under my list of schools.

Well...now I'm thinking I won't apply till next year. By that time, I'll know what my math grade is. If it turns out that I get, say, a B-, which could marginally hurt my applications, can I just not include this in my applications? My logic is that, given that it's not part of my undergraduate record, the grade wouldn't have been relevant if I had applied to law schools this year. And I don't think this grade really gives any new information about me. So, if I end up not doing very well, I'd like to just not report it on my apps. Is this ok, or is this considered to be some sort of fraud?

Sorry, for the long-winded post.

gboogie

Re: Do I have to report grad school grades?

Postby gboogie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Thanks. Would this grade be part of my LSAC gpa?

gboogie

Postby gboogie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Haha, awesome, thanks. I don't want to have this fairly difficult math class hurt my law school possibilities.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:09 pm

You have to report all graduate work (defined as anything after first bachelor's degree) and grades, but they won't be counted in your LSDAS GPA. Hence the adcoms will just ignore them.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:50 pm

gboogie

Postby gboogie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks all!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”