How to reverse application once already sent!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tommytahoe

How to reverse application once already sent!

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:00 am

Ugh! I have done the dreaded "Track Changes" document f*** up. I have sent it to a law school through LSAC, and although I quickly sent an email to LSAC email support, I need to know how to stop the law school adcomms from seeing it. There's nothing bad there, just embarrassing and unprofessional is all. Should I call the admissions office, and ask them?

capitalacq

Re: How to reverse application once already sent!

Postby capitalacq » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:04 am

too late... just send the adcomms an updated version w/o it on.. They will still be able to see both, but hopefully they wont care too much about the tracked changes one.

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Thanks, I figured as much. I read elsewhere on TLS that you could call their office, send the new one, and ask them to delete the old.
Qick question: you say I should just send them the correct version. How? Via email? Snail mail? On LSAC.org?

Of course, there's nothing offensive there. If they want to reject all changes they would eventually end up at my 3.5-page Personal Statement, for all the schools with looser page limitations!

tx

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:37 pm

tommytahoe wrote:Thanks, I figured as much. I read elsewhere on TLS that you could call their office, send the new one, and ask them to delete the old.
Qick question: you say I should just send them the correct version. How? Via email? Snail mail? On LSAC.org?

Of course, there's nothing offensive there. If they want to reject all changes they would eventually end up at my 3.5-page Personal Statement, for all the schools with looser page limitations!

tx

Via snail mail or email. Call each school and ask them how they would like to receive it (some schools wont open email attachments while other schools may prefer that)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”