Is a future president posting on TLS?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
k77

Re: Is a future president posting on TLS?

Postby k77 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:25 am

Ken wrote: Interesting topics include my streaking a Human Anatomy class while in college in front of 800 students

Hold up -- Ken, you were a Soc 152A streaker??

(Perhaps one of my deepest regrets from SB is never streaking 152A... but I did have the pleasure (?) of witnessing it though!)

(only sorta kidding)

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:37 am

vanwinkle wrote:I think it's possible a TLS poster might be a future presidential candidate, until an intrepid reporter digs up ancient posts demonstrating his douchebaggery and he is forced to withdraw.

Such is the way of TLS, it has the power to fell kings.

+1
Though these days, it may be a plus. People will feel he/she is just one of them thanks to his/her use of OMFG, FTFY, and postings in the NSFW Cleavage thread

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:41 am

Ken wrote:Dear Itsfine, I appreciate the good wishes, but I think my presidential possibilities will end when my memoirs, Why Do Bad Things Happen to Sexy People? get published (will send off to editors soon). Interesting topics include my streaking a Human Anatomy class while in college in front of 800 students, going to an interesting and intense S & M party, and many drunken nights at dance clubs (One of my sayings is that "Fruit from the tree of knowledge falls as readily at midnight in a dance club as it does at noon in a lecture hall).

That being said, I will have to settle for a Supreme Court nomination, which alas may not make it to confirmation due to the above but at least my famous TLS member and future prez will have tried her hardest.

Phew, I thought you were taking my memoir, but you are slightly different. Mine is, "Why Do Sexy things Happen to Bad People?"

BTW, Yale is famous for its Naked Parties (I know someone who attended while there) - so don't let the S and M party scare you off, probably not much different than the Bush twins attended sometimes recently...

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:21 am

future president of the Wyoming Tax Bar Association maybe...

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:45 am

Maybe a future Jeffrey Skilling or Richared Scrushy.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:26 pm

n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trifles

Postby Trifles » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:38 am

beef wellington wrote:As far as I know Obama wasn't connected or particularly well-off before law school.

Obama's grandpa is cousins with 6 US presidents: James Madison, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:42 am

Trifles wrote:
beef wellington wrote:As far as I know Obama wasn't connected or particularly well-off before law school.

Obama's grandpa is cousins with 6 US presidents: James Madison, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush.

Source? That's a pretty fucked up family tree with Madison in there.

Trifles

Postby Trifles » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:45 am

beef wellington wrote:
Trifles wrote:

My source is wikipedia, so I guess take it with a grain of salt :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Armour_Dunham

asfasdagdsfawe

Postby asfasdagdsfawe » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:50 am

Trifles wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
Trifles wrote:

I think someone on that wiki page is also quoted as calling the relations "genetically meaningless."

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:53 am

By the time our generation starts running for President, every single candidate will have very, very well documented fuck ups/douchebaggery/drunken pictures/something stupid in electronic form. Generally speaking, current candidates need to have had some random person actually find a copy of a picture or letter or whatever from 30+ years ago in a random box in the attic to prove anything.

Now about everyone you know has a digital camera and has posted pictures of you doing dumb shit at some point online. People will be able to find something embarrassing on every single candidate. Computers, man.

Hopefully, this will lead to people not focusing so much on what Candidate X did their sophomore year of college. Because...Candidate Y did something along the same lines.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:54 am

Pearalegal wrote:By the time our generation starts running for President, every single candidate will have very, very well documented fuck ups/douchebaggery/drunken pictures/something stupid in electronic form. Generally speaking, current candidates need to have had some random person actually find a copy of a picture or letter or whatever from 30+ years ago in a random box in the attic to prove anything.

Now about everyone you know has a digital camera and has posted pictures of you doing dumb shit at some point online. People will be able to find something embarrassing on every single candidate. Computers, man.

Hopefully, this will lead to people not focusing so much on what Candidate X did their sophomore year of college. Because...Candidate Y did something along the same lines.

I certainly hope this is true.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:55 am

Trifles wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
Trifles wrote:

Interesting. Obama and W are eleventh cousins according to the New England Historical Genealogical Society. I don't think that qualifies as being politically connected though.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:57 am

vanwinkle wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:By the time our generation starts running for President, every single candidate will have very, very well documented fuck ups/douchebaggery/drunken pictures/something stupid in electronic form. Generally speaking, current candidates need to have had some random person actually find a copy of a picture or letter or whatever from 30+ years ago in a random box in the attic to prove anything.

I certainly hope this is true.

Me too. But I mean, our generation's candidates are going to be dealing with a whole new level of disclosure (willingly or not). I can't imagine that won't change up the dirt digging a bit.

Trifles

Postby Trifles » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:00 am

Genetically meaningless and family ties/connections are two different things. Image

asfasdagdsfawe

Postby asfasdagdsfawe » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:17 am

Trifles wrote:Genetically meaningless and family ties/connections are two different things. Image

I'm no expert, but I think "genetically meaningless" entails an unlikelihood of any real "family connections," as in, 11th cousin Bush or 16th cousin Queen Elizabeth II probably didn't have a family chat with him before pulling some strings to help out with law school admissions.

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:23 am

ruleser wrote:
Ken wrote:Dear Itsfine, I appreciate the good wishes, but I think my presidential possibilities will end when my memoirs, Why Do Bad Things Happen to Sexy People? get published (will send off to editors soon). Interesting topics include my streaking a Human Anatomy class while in college in front of 800 students, going to an interesting and intense S & M party, and many drunken nights at dance clubs (One of my sayings is that "Fruit from the tree of knowledge falls as readily at midnight in a dance club as it does at noon in a lecture hall).

That being said, I will have to settle for a Supreme Court nomination, which alas may not make it to confirmation due to the above but at least my famous TLS member and future prez will have tried her hardest.

Phew, I thought you were taking my memoir, but you are slightly different. Mine is, "Why Do Sexy things Happen to Bad People?"

BTW, Yale is famous for its Naked Parties (I know someone who attended while there) - so don't let the S and M party scare you off, probably not much different than the Bush twins attended sometimes recently...

If Yale is famous for its naked parties they almost certainly stole the idea from Wesleyan

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:17 am

No.

Hook 'Em

Postby Hook 'Em » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:32 am

If a black man can be elected President with a non-black wife, then the answer is yes.

sayan

Postby sayan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:59 am

thesealocust wrote:The 180s are impressive, but what really blows me away is the law student's forum. It's tiny now, but there seems to be a population of people in the top 10% / on LR at their respective schools planning their CoA clerkships and the like... it's sort of scary / intimidating, really :shock:

If anything, it makes the forum a great place to be. It's hard to get good advice on getting to the top, and there's no better place than from a room full of people who are already there.

That's what makes all of TLS great.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Hook 'Em wrote:If a black man can be elected President with a non-black wife, then the answer is yes.

tiger woods perhaps?

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:21 pm

DCD wrote:
Hook 'Em wrote:If a black man can be elected President with a non-black wife, then the answer is yes.

tiger woods perhaps?

He lost almost all his female voters and gained extra support in almost all the men. It would be a close call.

letsrun

Postby letsrun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 pm

I don't think all men really support that. Maybe you think he's cool because you are a LOSER

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:35 pm

letsrun wrote:I don't think all men really support that. Maybe you think he's cool because you are a LOSER

Maybe you can't smell an obvious joke because you have no sense of humor.

letsrun

Postby letsrun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:36 pm

I just got got

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”