Northwestern without interview Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lemonpie

New

Northwestern without interview

Post by lemonpie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Does anyone know how not interviewing will hurt me at Northwestern?
I'm overseas and their off-campus interviews are all booked.
Apologies if there was answered in another thread.
Thanks.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Re: Northwestern without interview

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holborn

Bronze

Post by holborn » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:28 pm

I think they would have to. I tried to get an intervew in mid december and they said they were booked for on-campus and had stopped accepting alumni interviews. So unless every single person in their class submitted before december, at least some would have not interviewed.

However, it might look bad if you submitted in october when they were interviewing and didnt sign up for one.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:29 pm

I've posted this a few times before. I didn't interview, but was still admitted. In fact, I missed my interview. I would certainly interview, if at all possible, even if your numbers more than fit the schools profile, an interview might just give you the added bump needed with respect to scholarship money.

It doesn't really matter whether or interview on or off campus. Personally, I would interview on campus just to have the opportunity to visit the school and meet face-to-face with an admissions officer.

lemonpie

New

Post by lemonpie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:38 pm

chadwick218 wrote:I've posted this a few times before. I didn't interview, but was still admitted. In fact, I missed my interview. I would certainly interview, if at all possible, even if your numbers more than fit the schools profile, an interview might just give you the added bump needed with respect to scholarship money.

It doesn't really matter whether or interview on or off campus. Personally, I would interview on campus just to have the opportunity to visit the school and meet face-to-face with an admissions officer.

Thanks. That's good to know.
I would really like to interview but I don't know if I want to spend $1500 on the flight ticket.
I plan to visit the schools that accept me after getting acceptances. Hopefully there will be more than one. :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

drew

Bronze

Post by drew » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 pm

lemonpie wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:I've posted this a few times before. I didn't interview, but was still admitted. In fact, I missed my interview. I would certainly interview, if at all possible, even if your numbers more than fit the schools profile, an interview might just give you the added bump needed with respect to scholarship money.

Thanks. That's good to know.
I would really like to interview but I don't know if I want to spend $1500 on the flight ticket.
I plan to visit the schools that accept me after getting acceptances. Hopefully there will be more than one. :roll:
Conventional wisdom suggests that chadwick218 is the exception that proves the rule, however. Do you have work experience?

dreamweaver87

Bronze

Post by dreamweaver87 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 am

i know it's kind of late, but they put my app on hold and i'm trying to schedule an on campus interview now, but they keep coming up as unavailable. ...even when i go to july. am i having issues with the site or could they not have any availability for interviews at this point?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:33 am

dreamweaver87 wrote:i know it's kind of late, but they put my app on hold and i'm trying to schedule an on campus interview now, but they keep coming up as unavailable. ...even when i go to july. am i having issues with the site or could they not have any availability for interviews at this point?
People on hold should find out relatively soon.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:13 pm

I didn't interview (only 1 year of WE) and was accepted. I also applied in January, however, when it seemed interviews were no longer being conducted, so perhaps that helped.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dreamweaver87

Bronze

Post by dreamweaver87 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:30 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:I didn't interview (only 1 year of WE) and was accepted. I also applied in January, however, when it seemed interviews were no longer being conducted, so perhaps that helped.
I applied in January, as well, so maybe that's why they decided to keep my app on hold instead of rejecting me :) I've already submitted an LOCI, but I'm doing one more today and then I guess I'll see about an interview if they end up waitlisting me.

Congrats, btw.

CoaltoNewCastle

Bronze

Post by CoaltoNewCastle » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:43 pm

I didn't interview, had no work experience, and was given their deferred full scholarship deal. So I'm guessing the interview helps, but don't feel screwed if you don't have one.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”