Submitted in Nov, haven't heard a peep since... :-s

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
No1ustad

Submitted in Nov, haven't heard a peep since... :-s

Postby No1ustad » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:17 pm

90% of my apps haven't been had any status changes since late november, but they say completed or ready for review.. is this normal or are my nerves getting the better of me? :(

njskatchmo

Re: Submitted in Nov, haven't heard a peep since... :-s

Postby njskatchmo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Last edited by njskatchmo on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No1ustad

Postby No1ustad » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:28 pm

haha. ok. it's stressful when you're checking the status daily!

drew

Postby drew » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:12 pm

I did the same last year. Some complete in mid November. Excluding my safety, I didn't hear anything back until around this time. You're fine.

No1ustad

Postby No1ustad » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:15 pm

drew wrote:I did the same last year. Some complete in mid November. Excluding my safety, I didn't hear anything back until around this time. You're fine.

mind saying when you started to hear back from the others?

nyred10

Postby nyred10 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:38 pm

I don't think you have anything to be worried about - this isn't abnormal at all. I'm in the same boat. I have heard back from one school mid-December (I was EA), and I just went decision rendered at another one today. Otherwise, I haven't heard a peep from anyone else. I am 100% sure you will get a decision from somewhere by the end of the month, if not sooner. With EA/ED out of the way for most schools, they will begin tackling the RD group. I am guessing you submitted around early to late November, which is not ridiculously early but still before most apps, and will get a look well before those who just took the December LSAT. Hang in there! Once you get your first acceptance, the wait becomes a lot easier, so just try to keep your cool until then. Good luck!

TTH

Postby TTH » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:03 pm

+1 to everyone saying its par for the course. Unless you have astounding numbers and are auto-admit, you aren't going to hear back from schools until around now.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:06 pm

...what if we want to know, really really really bad, where we got in? Right now?

No1ustad

Postby No1ustad » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 pm

nyred10 wrote:I don't think you have anything to be worried about - this isn't abnormal at all. I'm in the same boat...so just try to keep your cool until then. Good luck!

Thanks! you too. nice scholarship at hofstra on LSN :)

sibley wrote:...what if we want to know, really really really bad, where we got in? Right now?

you can annoy the assistant dean if you'd like, buuuut you might not end up with the answer you want... :lol:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”