March--whats the landscape look like?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

March--whats the landscape look like?

Postby goosey » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Just wondering what admissions looks like in March--do they need high lsat scores? high gpas? Its very late in the cycle by then and most people have heard from the majority of schools they applied to and I believe seat deposits would be due soon as well, so what exactly happens at this time of year? Is there a lot of movement in terms of people withdrawing, making room for others? Is this a time when high lsat scores are really needed?

All my applications are complete but I have decided to retake in Feb and am wondering how a better (hopefully!) score will impact my cycle that late in the game

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: March--whats the landscape look like?

Postby BriaTharen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Any increase in score will help you, no matter the time. As for what happens in March, look around a few of the threads in the LS Admits, WL, and Rejects board. Several schools (i.e. W&M) do not make a majority of their admissions decisions until March; some of them admit the auto-admits, reject the auto-rejects, and hold on to everyone else (the "Silent WL").

b.j.
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 am

Re: March--whats the landscape look like?

Postby b.j. » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:41 pm

goosey wrote:Just wondering what admissions looks like in March--do they need high lsat scores? high gpas? Its very late in the cycle by then and most people have heard from the majority of schools they applied to and I believe seat deposits would be due soon as well, so what exactly happens at this time of year? Is there a lot of movement in terms of people withdrawing, making room for others? Is this a time when high lsat scores are really needed?

All my applications are complete but I have decided to retake in Feb and am wondering how a better (hopefully!) score will impact my cycle that late in the game


How would a school that has very late deadlines, even for rolling admissions, handle due dates for deposits? Maryland and St. John's, for instances, have April 1 deadlines.

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: March--whats the landscape look like?

Postby BriaTharen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:56 pm

b.j. wrote:
goosey wrote:Just wondering what admissions looks like in March--do they need high lsat scores? high gpas? Its very late in the cycle by then and most people have heard from the majority of schools they applied to and I believe seat deposits would be due soon as well, so what exactly happens at this time of year? Is there a lot of movement in terms of people withdrawing, making room for others? Is this a time when high lsat scores are really needed?

All my applications are complete but I have decided to retake in Feb and am wondering how a better (hopefully!) score will impact my cycle that late in the game


How would a school that has very late deadlines, even for rolling admissions, handle due dates for deposits? Maryland and St. John's, for instances, have April 1 deadlines.



First seat deposit due in June probably

b.j.
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 am

Re: March--whats the landscape look like?

Postby b.j. » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:30 am

JessicaTiger wrote:
b.j. wrote:
goosey wrote:Just wondering what admissions looks like in March--do they need high lsat scores? high gpas? Its very late in the cycle by then and most people have heard from the majority of schools they applied to and I believe seat deposits would be due soon as well, so what exactly happens at this time of year? Is there a lot of movement in terms of people withdrawing, making room for others? Is this a time when high lsat scores are really needed?

All my applications are complete but I have decided to retake in Feb and am wondering how a better (hopefully!) score will impact my cycle that late in the game


How would a school that has very late deadlines, even for rolling admissions, handle due dates for deposits? Maryland and St. John's, for instances, have April 1 deadlines.



First seat deposit due in June probably


What if they admit you in the summer or some time after the normal deadline?

Assuming I was ever in that position, I'd find a way to get the money, so I'm more curious than anything else.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dan9257, historyengland95 and 5 guests