Question about Notre Dame app

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Question about Notre Dame app

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:07 pm

On the Notre Dame application they have a section for you to fill out if you're looking for need based aid. They want a one page essay explaining your extraordinary financial circumstances. Is this only for people with extreme circumstances like supporting 5 kids or does it apply to the typical college student who dosen't have much money to spare and will have to take out massive loans

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Question about Notre Dame app

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:53 pm

any ideas?

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Question about Notre Dame app

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:57 pm

....I don't remember that section. I got merit aid, and I'm certainly getting need based.

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Question about Notre Dame app

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:14 pm

It's the last page on the application and its optional. I was just curious if it applied to me or if they're just looking for people with astronomical circumstances and not the typical college student who just doesn't have much money to spare.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Question about Notre Dame app

Postby sckon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:49 pm

newyorker88 wrote:It's the last page on the application and its optional. I was just curious if it applied to me or if they're just looking for people with astronomical circumstances and not the typical college student who just doesn't have much money to spare.



If you and your family is po' then fill it out.

icecream
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:17 am

Re: Question about Notre Dame app

Postby icecream » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:16 am

hey,about the app, I received an email from Notre Dame inviting me to apply their law school...
I'm just wondering that does it mean you have a higher chance to be accepted? or it is just very normal to receive those inviting emails :?
thanks.

User avatar
UrbanAchievers
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Question about Notre Dame app

Postby UrbanAchievers » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:24 am

newyorker88 wrote:On the Notre Dame application they have a section for you to fill out if you're looking for need based aid. They want a one page essay explaining your extraordinary financial circumstances. Is this only for people with extreme circumstances like supporting 5 kids or does it apply to the typical college student who dosen't have much money to spare and will have to take out massive loans

We're all going to be in the same boat when it comes to taking out massive loans. It explicitly says that it is only for people with a demonstrated extraordinary financial hardship. If your financial hardship is ordinary, don't fill it out.

icecream wrote:hey,about the app, I received an email from Notre Dame inviting me to apply their law school...
I'm just wondering that does it mean you have a higher chance to be accepted? or it is just very normal to receive those inviting emails :?
thanks.

You: get your own thread.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], blackpi and 3 guests