Why XX? and scholarship

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
angioletto

Why XX? and scholarship

Postby angioletto » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:27 pm

I have decided on my top choice school. My LSAT is in their 75% and my GPA is between 50-75%. They have an option to include a "why x?" essay. Will submitting one make me less likely to receive a scholarship?

I kinda feel like I am buying a new car and I don't want to salesman to know how much I really, really want this car because I will be less likely to get a good deal on it.....

jackgrf

Re: Why XX? and scholarship

Postby jackgrf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:34 pm

angioletto wrote:I have decided on my top choice school. My LSAT is in their 75% and my GPA is between 50-75%. They have an option to include a "why x?" essay. Will submitting one make me less likely to receive a scholarship?

I kinda feel like I am buying a new car and I don't want to salesman to know how much I really, really want this car because I will be less likely to get a good deal on it.....

no. wtf? you should definitely submit one

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Yea, I have to agree that you should write one. While I see your point, I think they are probably just a likely to offer you one to lock you up (as long as you don't say "I will go here no matter what") as they are to persuade you. Plus, why risk rejection?

angioletto

Postby angioletto » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks. I had already written it and now it has been submitted.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”