How and whom to ask for a reconsider of application?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheJudge

How and whom to ask for a reconsider of application?

Postby TheJudge » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:39 am

Ok, I made a terrible error of judgement. I applied to a school EA with an LSAT score that I knew wasn't competitive at that school. At that point I was already registered for the Dec. LSAT so I figured the worst that can happen is that they waitlist me, because they would want to see my new LSAT, right?!? Well, no, they outright rejected me.

I now have an LSAT that is at median at the school and I want to ask them to reconsider my application. My question is how do I go about this? Whom do I email or call? Admissions office or the dean?
The school is clearly my first choice and I would be heartbroken if this is it, especially cince it was my stupidity that got me into this situation.

lawoftheland

Re: How and whom to ask for a reconsider of application?

Postby lawoftheland » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:46 am

TheJudge wrote:Ok, I made a terrible error of judgement. I applied to a school EA with an LSAT score that I knew wasn't competitive at that school. At that point I was already registered for the Dec. LSAT so I figured the worst that can happen is that they waitlist me, because they would want to see my new LSAT, right?!? Well, no, they outright rejected me.

I now have an LSAT that is at median at the school and I want to ask them to reconsider my application. My question is how do I go about this? Whom do I email or call? Admissions office or the dean?
The school is clearly my first choice and I would be heartbroken if this is it, especially cince it was my stupidity that got me into this situation.

Did you proofread your personal statement? Joking. Well, you're speculating here that your new LSAT score would have certainly made the difference. This may not be true. In any case, how big was the jump?

jackgrf

Postby jackgrf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:55 am

I would just call the admissions office...but why not wait and reapply next year at an early time?

TheJudge

Postby TheJudge » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:56 am

lawoftheland wrote:
TheJudge wrote:Ok, I made a terrible error of judgement. I applied to a school EA with an LSAT score that I knew wasn't competitive at that school. At that point I was already registered for the Dec. LSAT so I figured the worst that can happen is that they waitlist me, because they would want to see my new LSAT, right?!? Well, no, they outright rejected me.

Did you proofread your personal statement? Joking. Well, you're speculating here that your new LSAT score would have certainly made the difference. This may not be true. In any case, how big was the jump?

6 points. I am not certain that I will get in with my new score, but I fell with an LSAT at median I stand a much better chance. Plus I believe that the rest of my app is pretty solid.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”