Need-based Fee Waiver request question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
primusux

Bronze

Need-based Fee Waiver request question

Post by primusux » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:54 am

I am requesting need-based fee waivers from a number of schools.

Can someone tell me if the schools also look at your LSAT score when making a decision on a need-based request? I noticed they do ask for your LSAC number which I've read on TLS that they can easily use to look up your scores.

If yes.... I am retaking in February due to medical issues that took place during the December exam. (legitimate, not nerves or anything like that) Would it be advisable to include in my request what would amount to my LSAT addendum so that they don't say, "Hey this person has such a low score we should not waste a waiver on them."

primusux

Bronze

Re: Need-based Fee Waiver request question

Post by primusux » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:56 pm

bump..... anyone?

nightjars

New

Post by nightjars » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:48 pm

The few times I've requested a need-based fee waiver, it's been very simple. Since schools typically throw out fee waivers like candy in general, it only helps their stats to give you a fee waiver and then deny you admission. That's the worst case scenario. End result: you still get a fee waiver.

amichig

New

Post by amichig » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:54 pm

Every school I applied to (11) I applied for and recieved a need-based fee waiver. I like to think that some schools really do want to ensure that all potential students out there at least have the opportunity to apply, lame optimism probably.

If you have any specific school questions, pm me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”