UVA eliminates/extends ED deadline Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rundoxierun

Gold

Re: UVA eliminates/extends ED deadline

Post by rundoxierun » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:51 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
NayBoer wrote:
Lol, I think TLS severely overstates the URM boost..
Lol no, YOU ARE WRONG about the URM boost.
I hope so.. I will likely be the test case for a little above those stats next cycle..
Those are solid stats. See you at UVA!
Lol, that was a hypothetical.. my actual numbers are 177/3.56 with one semester left to hopefully improve that gpa.. I would love to end up at UVA but I have this girlfriend problem.. she will be graduating next may with a degree in music and will need a job, dont know how that would work in charlottesville

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
tkgrrett wrote: Those are solid stats. See you at UVA!
Lol, that was a hypothetical.. my actual numbers are 177/3.56 with one semester left to hopefully improve that gpa.. I would love to end up at UVA but I have this girlfriend problem.. she will be graduating next may with a degree in music and will need a job, dont know how that would work in charlottesville
Kill her if you have to. See you in the fall!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
Boston is a hop, a skip and a jump away from Cambridge. Or you could go to Columbia for free and she could get a job in New York.

Kohinoor, does UVA offer "full tuition + COL stipend" type schollies?

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:02 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
Boston is a hop, a skip and a jump away from Cambridge. Or you could go to Columbia for free and she could get a job in New York.

Indeed.

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/news/2 ... llards.htm

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:05 pm

She has been made aware that all NYC schools are off the table, I do NOT want to live in NYC.. Im planning on attending the school in the T14 that gives me the most money so unless Harvard, Penn, Georgetown or Berkeley come calling with a big scholly next cycle this will get messy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

Indeed.

The chick doesn't seem nearly as accomplished as the other two, IMO. Cute though.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:07 pm

tkgrrett wrote:She has been made aware that all NYC schools are off the table, I do NOT want to live in NYC.. Im planning on attending the school in the T14 that gives me the most money so unless Harvard, Penn, Georgetown or Berkeley come calling with a big scholly next cycle this will get messy.
No Chicago?

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:08 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:She has been made aware that all NYC schools are off the table, I do NOT want to live in NYC.. Im planning on attending the school in the T14 that gives me the most money so unless Harvard, Penn, Georgetown or Berkeley come calling with a big scholly next cycle this will get messy.
No Chicago?
Chicago doesnt offer anything over half scholly I think.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:15 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
No Chicago?
Chicago doesnt offer anything over half scholly I think.
They offer as much as 90k, but no full-tuition awards. I don't think Boalt does full either unless it's a combo of merit aid and need-based.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:

Indeed.

2 of those 3 were in my CivPro class. How fair is that? :x

avacado111

Bronze

Post by avacado111 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:13 pm

i know the first guy who got the tuition+stipend scholly.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:16 pm

heathbar88

New

Post by heathbar88 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but for those of you who applied regular decision and will submit an ED form now, are you submitting anything else with it? For example a Why UVA if you didn't do one originally, or some type of cover letter just saying you heard about the extended ED and after learning more about UVA since you first submitted your app, you're now willing to do ED.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:59 pm

heathbar88 wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked, but for those of you who applied regular decision and will submit an ED form now, are you submitting anything else with it? For example a Why UVA if you didn't do one originally, or some type of cover letter just saying you heard about the extended ED and after learning more about UVA since you first submitted your app, you're now willing to do ED.
I just e-mailed them and told them it was on the way.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:29 pm

heathbar88 wrote:Sorry if this question has already been asked, but for those of you who applied regular decision and will submit an ED form now, are you submitting anything else with it? For example a Why UVA if you didn't do one originally, or some type of cover letter just saying you heard about the extended ED and after learning more about UVA since you first submitted your app, you're now willing to do ED.
Doesn't applying ED fulfill the purpose of a Why X essay? They have a firm commitment from you now. Moreover, a Why UVA essay seems a bit tongue in cheek considering that you applied RD originally and are only switching with the cycle underway, presumably after not getting into other schools so, unless your essay starts with 'The Yale thing didn't pan out,' I'd view your essay as bs.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:04 pm

I didn't send in a "why" essay and was accepted in less than 24 hours. Like Kohinoor said the ED part eliminates the whole purpose of the essay.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Kohinoor wrote:Doesn't applying ED fulfill the purpose of a Why X essay? They have a firm commitment from you now. Moreover, a Why UVA essay seems a bit tongue in cheek considering that you applied RD originally and are only switching with the cycle underway, presumably after not getting into other schools so, unless your essay starts with 'The Yale thing didn't pan out,' I'd view your essay as bs.
The only reason I didn't ED in the first place was because I received my 2nd rec letter 1 day after what I thought was the final ED deadline. Now Dugas and Faulk are probably thinking, "LOL, this guy didn't get in other places and now he wants to ED. Ding!"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:42 pm

dk8 wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:Doesn't applying ED fulfill the purpose of a Why X essay? They have a firm commitment from you now. Moreover, a Why UVA essay seems a bit tongue in cheek considering that you applied RD originally and are only switching with the cycle underway, presumably after not getting into other schools so, unless your essay starts with 'The Yale thing didn't pan out,' I'd view your essay as bs.
The only reason I didn't ED in the first place was because I received my 2nd rec letter 1 day after what I thought was the final ED deadline. Now Dugas and Faulk are probably thinking, "LOL, this guy didn't get in other places and now he wants to ED. Ding!"
Dugas and Faulk are somewhere drinking wine and enjoying their 100% yield rating.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
dk8 wrote:
Dugas and Faulk are somewhere drinking wine and enjoying their 100% yield rating.
Truth.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:16 am

dk8 wrote:
I just e-mailed them and told them it was on the way.
Same, but I had a Why UVA with my initial app.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”