LSAC GPA loophole?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kswiss

LSAC GPA loophole?

Postby kswiss » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Not thinking of doing this myself (already sent transcripts.) but....

It looks like if you owe a school money and they won't send transcripts, LSAC will still process your file, so long as its not the degree granting institution.

It doesn't seem to make sense though, and obviously having a hold on a transcript for owing a school money would be a negative soft factor, but has this happened with anyone? Seems like some of us that had throw away semesters at CC could just get a book from the library or something and not return it, then get away with not reporting the transcript.

BTW in no way am I condoning cheating. By sending my CC transcript my GPA dropped SEVERELY. Just wondering if it would work.

superserial

Re: LSAC GPA loophole?

Postby superserial » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:16 pm

character and fitness fail... and possible rescission of admission if a school finds out somehow. fantastic idea.

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 pm

never said good idea. I was just reading the LSAC handbook where it talks about transcripts, and it lists that as a possibility.

superserial

Postby superserial » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:20 pm

you were wondering if it would work. it would not.

Jay-Electronica

Postby Jay-Electronica » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 pm

if you have already had transcripts processed why are you reading the LSAC handbook on this?? Please say it wasnt for fun.

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 pm

But why would that be a possibility if there wasn't a legitimate scenario where it would apply.

For ex, I currently owe my school 1200 on a computer loan program. When I graduate, the amount is due in full, and a hold is placed on my acct, yet they allow you to pay without penalty on a monthly basis.

Assuming I couldn't afford to pay off at the end, I would not be able to request transcripts. For me, its the degree granting institution, so I wouldn't be able to apply, but if someone was in that situation and transfered, it seems that LSAC doesn't penalize them.

Again, thats how it seems from the handbook. I don't really consider it a loophole, I'm just intellectually curious. The title was meant to be provocative.

kswiss

Postby kswiss » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Its right next to the LOR page, which I was reading because I have some LORs being sent this week. Extremely late.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”