Updating Transcripts while being "under review"

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thatdisappoints

Updating Transcripts while being "under review"

Postby thatdisappoints » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

So I am planning sending updated transcripts with Fall 09 grades to the LSAC when I get back to school at the end of this week. However, my status checker at my top choice just went to "file under review" as of 1/4/10. I obviously want them to consider my Fall 2009 grades (got a 4.0). Should I email the admissions office and tell them that I am updating transcripts in the coming week (Assuming it will take 1-2 weeks for my school to process and mail, LSAC to receive and process, and schools to receive the information)? Or should I just update and the school will get it soon/who knows how long my file will be "under review." Thanks for any advice peoples of the internet!

Unitas

Re: Updating Transcripts while being "under review"

Postby Unitas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Depends on the school.. Harvard and Yale don't like e-mails, everyone else seems to like them as long as they are well written.

I would e-mail all the other schools because it will take around 6 weeks for them to get your new transcripts and they may make a decision before then:
1 week to get your school to send,
1 week to get to LSAC,
2 weeks to process,
2 weeks for schools to get updated LSDAS report

I would also include a screenshot of your unofficial transcript, so they can get an idea of the courses you were taking.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”