Chicago for a re-taker?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zreinhar

Chicago for a re-taker?

Postby zreinhar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

I got a 155 on my Dec. LSAT, which was entirely my fault.. I am an engineering major and completely cocky.. but I now know the error of my ways and have since gotten my typical LR and LG scores down to between -0 and -2. The best way to explain it is that something just clicked. I read the stems way differently now and look at games way differently as well. I have good softs:

Lots of UG leadership
Published article in research journal (only author, not me and four other people writing it)
2 years of undergrad work experience (co-op at major research institute in eng.), also interned at an intellectual property firm
Lots of Undergrad awards, and an Electrical Eng major with a 3.71,

If I get somewhere above a 169, is there a chance at Chicago given the super late app? Penn? is there a chance at any t14?

Shameless bumps to follow..

starstruck393

Re: Chicago for a re-taker?

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 am

Feb is way too late for this year, and only a few schools will take Feb scores anyway. the rest would only help you if you were WL'd, but you're an autoreject with 155. Keep studying, retake, and apply next year...

zreinhar

Re: Chicago for a re-taker?

Postby zreinhar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 am

I called all the schools Im applying to, and asked to put my app on hold until the feb scores are available. I also looked at kids on LSN who submitted late and it kinda seems more like hit or miss than a straight up reject... but I guess Ill just wait and see..

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”