How far can connections go in the application process?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chicoalto0649

Re: How far can connections go in the application process?

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Sorry for not clarifying the OP-

Here's the scenario in a nut-shell...

A good friend of my family and someone who I have been in close contact for a while (he is familiar with my very unique/trying background/ likes me a good deal) offered to simply make a call on my behalf to a few influential individuals at a particular school. This person has absolutely NOTHING to gain by making a call on my behalf, this just came from the kindness of his heart. It does not involve any arm twisting and back room dealing. All that would happen is A would make a phone-call to B who subsequently makes a Phone call to C and say," hey this kid is alright you should think about admitting him." My numbers are not far off at all at this school but I still consider myself a reach.

My guess is it wont help a whole deal but I am probably better off following through with this anyway...but thanks for the replies

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:27 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Sorry for not clarifying the OP-

Here's the scenario in a nut-shell...

A good friend of my family and someone who I have been in close contact for a while (he is familiar with my very unique/trying background/ likes me a good deal) offered to simply make a call on my behalf to a few influential individuals at a particular school. This person has absolutely NOTHING to gain by making a call on my behalf, this just came from the kindness of his heart. It does not involve any arm twisting and back room dealing. All that would happen is A would make a phone-call to B who subsequently makes a Phone call to C and say," hey this kid is alright you should think about admitting him." My numbers are not far off at all at this school but I still consider myself a reach.

My guess is it wont help a whole deal but I am probably better off following through with this anyway...but thanks for the replies

No one will give you a medal if you don't do everything you can to get into the law school of your choice. In fact, my bet is that they will log off of this forum and go on with their lives without giving you a second thought.

Step One: Determine where you want to go to school.
Step Two: Do everything legal and prudent to get in.
Step Three: Rinse and repeat.

llawguru

Postby llawguru » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”