A question on undergraduate scholarships...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Matypete

A question on undergraduate scholarships...

Postby Matypete » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 pm

I just won a fairly prestigious scholarship at my school. Should I update the admissions committees of the schools I applied to on my achievement or is it not that important? Thanks.

vespertiliovir

Re: A question on undergraduate scholarships...

Postby vespertiliovir » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Unless it's something of Marshall/Rhodes caliber, I honestly wouldn't waste an email.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:21 pm

Matypete wrote:I just won a fairly prestigious scholarship at my school. Should I update the admissions committees of the schools I applied to on my achievement or is it not that important? Thanks.

Yup. Sounds like a perfect excuse to write a LOCI. If its Phi Beta Kappa or something its worthwhile. If its like a Pi Sigma Alpha thing, I wouldn't bother.

Matypete

Postby Matypete » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:23 pm

No, it's a privately endowed scholarship of $2500 given to only two people every year at my college for academic achievement and community service... I'm thinking the LOCI is a good idea.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:26 pm

Matypete wrote:No, it's a privately endowed scholarship of $2500 given to only two people every year at my college for academic achievement and community service... I'm thinking the LOCI is a good idea.

I'd do it then. I wouldn't mention the 2500$, just say funded scholarship and discuss what it was for. Congrats on the recognition!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”