JD/MBA - addendum if gonna apply next year

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rocaveli

JD/MBA - addendum if gonna apply next year

Postby rocaveli » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:41 pm

I've already sent off most of my apps but wondering whether I should do this for the ones that remain: I definitely want to try and get a JD/MBA but don't have nearly enough WE to get into the top MBA programs now.. I've secured a position with a VC firm and will start in the next month or so.

I'm hoping this concentrated opportunity added to my summer internships in finance will be enough to get me into MBA schools NEXT year, when I'll already be in law school.

My question is two-fold: how to tell admission committees about this job that I haven't even started yet (waiting on work auth - I'm international), and whether I should mention that I'm interested in their dual-degree programs.

For NYU, I applied to the Business and Law scholarship and wrote an essay in which I mentioned the job and my intention to apply to business school.. Any thoughts on what I should do for other schools?

Best I've come up with right now is including the job in my resume "shadowing and will start full-time employment upon approval of work authorization". should I write an addendum about my interest in the JD/MBA option even though I'm not applying?

rocaveli

Re: JD/MBA - addendum if gonna apply next year

Postby rocaveli » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:58 pm

bumpitty

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”