Updated transcripts, help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
manbearwig

Bronze

Updated transcripts, help

Post by manbearwig » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:19 pm

My grades for the fall semester just came out, and my GPA went up .02 points. I know, a very, very small change but, hey, it's an improvement.

Should I send LSAC my updated transcript? And if I do, will they automatically send it out to my schools?

Also, because it may take a while, should I update my schools with an email or something? And should I just send them my new GPA or what? Have my undergrad also send them a direct transcript copy?

Thanks!

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Re: Updated transcripts

Post by devilishangelrjp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Would love to see the answer to this. See, I'm afraid I'll get a decision before I get my new transcript out, and I don't go back until next week, and I have to print out the new transcript request form, and give it to the school registrar and get it processed and sent out.

manbearwig

Bronze

Post by manbearwig » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:50 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:Would love to see the answer to this. See, I'm afraid I'll get a decision before I get my new transcript out, and I don't go back until next week, and I have to print out the new transcript request form, and give it to the school registrar and get it processed and sent out.
I also emailed the law school advisor at my undergrad, and he basically said to just send it to LSAC. I guess that makes sense. Perhaps if I increased a lot more, I would directly contact schools.

The registrar where I go has the option of letting you fax in transcript requests which is nice. (Though it seems as if they don't start doing that until the 11th. D:)

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:53 pm

manbearwig wrote:
devilishangelrjp wrote:Would love to see the answer to this. See, I'm afraid I'll get a decision before I get my new transcript out, and I don't go back until next week, and I have to print out the new transcript request form, and give it to the school registrar and get it processed and sent out.
I also emailed the law school advisor at my undergrad, and he basically said to just send it to LSAC. I guess that makes sense. Perhaps if I increased a lot more, I would directly contact schools.

The registrar where I go has the option of letting you fax in transcript requests which is nice. (Though it seems as if they don't start doing that until the 11th. D:)
I increased quite a bit so I let some of my first choices know...so far they've all said to send it to LSAC for processing.

nyred10

New

Re: Updated transcripts, help

Post by nyred10 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:13 pm

You should definitely update your transcript. If nothing else, it shows that you are still trying in school. I got my fall grades a day or two before Christmas. I called my school's registrar's office and they said I could fax the LSAC form to them. I faxed it the day I got my grades. As of today, LSAC's website does not show they have received my new transcript, which is most likely because LSAC just reopened yesterday. Hopefully they will be updated by the end of the week.

In terms of worrying about schools not seeing your grades before they make a decision, you could just email them and say that you are sending them your new fall grades and you would like them to wait before making a decision. If you feel that the benefit you get from them seeing your grades outweighs them having to wait 2-3 weeks (most likely) for the grades to arrive, then you should go ahead and do it. Also, you could anonymously call the admissions office and say you want to update your transcript and see what they say to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Bumping this thread cause I dont wanna start a new one.

Does anyone have experience with how quick LSAC is with updated transcripts? I sent mine courier today and it should be there quick enough. Is it safe to assume that they will be quicker processing and sending it out this time around since all they have to do is update it? Do they do it automatically or do I have to request to have new reports sent out?

Sigh, I let some schools know that I am sending out my new transcript and I don't want to keep them waiting.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Bump

jackgrf

New

Post by jackgrf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:28 am

probably within a week of lsac's receipt

KmissP

Bronze

Post by KmissP » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:06 pm

I got accepted already, but my GPA went up afterward, and I wanted to increase my chances of getting merit-based funds. I was accepted ED, so I had my school send my updated transcript directly to the school. I didn't send it to LSAC because I didn't want the school to think I was making time with other schools via LSAC!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”