Options

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ODB

Options

Postby ODB » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Wish i would have found this place a few months ago.

I'm a chem major(3.43 lsac gpa) who wants to get into IP. I started with a cold 155 and tested at a 161 after about 3-4 weeks of studying (exam crackers and about 5 PT-after reading some of the advice threads I realized I approached the test the wrong way). I plan on applying to the schools that give me waivers and a few reaches. I do not want to pay much for law school so unless I receive money I plan on retaking in June (my semester should be much lighter so I should get some solid studying in) and working for a year at a pharmaceutical company. My lsac gpa should be about 3.5 by that time and I'm hoping to test in the high 160s. Is this jump realistic and will this kind of work experience help me or should I gopher for a law firm?

Thanks

Consigliere

Re: Options

Postby Consigliere » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:47 pm

I think for going into IP the pharmaceutical experience should really benefit you, both for getting into law school (it helps to paint the overall picture of you going into IP with your Chem background) and after you get a job for better understanding the industry.

I would say that mid-160's is probably more realistic then high 160's given your start point, but anything is possible with a lot of studying and a little bit of luck on the test day.

ODB

Re: Options

Postby ODB » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:12 pm

any other opinions?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”