Why is LSAC so slow to send out reports? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
democrattotheend

Bronze

Why is LSAC so slow to send out reports?

Post by democrattotheend » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Of the 8 schools I have applied to, the only ones they have sent is the three I applied to before the LSAT scores were released. And of those 3, they just sent Georgetown yesterday, despite my having applied on November 24. They have sent none of the ones I have applied to in the past week. I know it was a holiday, but how long could it take to send a report now that they have my LSAT score?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes from the time you apply to the time they send your LDSAS report? And am I right that the time frame the schools give for processing your application starts from the time they receive the LDSAS report, which can be as much as 10 business days from the time LSAC sends it if the school prefers paper?

For those who have been through this before, particularly at this point in a previous cycle, how long does it take LSAC usually to send the reports, and how long does it take to go complete and then get a decision after that?

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Re: Why is LSAC so slow to send out reports?

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sun May 10, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:37 pm

sharthree wrote:LSAC is trying to send out those reports for every single person who took the LSAT. Takes time.
Any idea how much time?

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:39 pm

Right after LSAT scores is the slowest time, maybe a week, usually not quite that long - if yours held from Nov 24 it must have had something missing.

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:04 pm

ruleser wrote:Right after LSAT scores is the slowest time, maybe a week, usually not quite that long - if yours held from Nov 24 it must have had something missing.
It wasn't missing anything, except my December LSAT score. But it probably got held up because LSAC only had a skeletal staff that week, and unlike Penn and UVA, Georgetown required a paper report, so I guess they didn't have the staff to get that done until yesterday. Penn and UVA went out the day the scores came in.

Glad to know it probably won't take more than a week. I don't understand why it would then take another 8-10 business days for the school to receive a piece of mail, but hopefully most of these schools take the electronic images.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:30 pm

the school has to actully do something on their end before the scores are mailed. i e-mailed every school telling them about a new lsat score, and all of the reports went out in a day.

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:12 pm

That sucks if it means people who applied in November will have their reports sent on a delay compared to those just applying now.

I just applied yesterday and the reports were sent instantly. Within an hour, which is amazing.

On LSAC's website it says:

Requested: 01/04/2010
First Time Report Sent: 01/04/2010

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:14 pm

jl2032 wrote:That sucks if it means people who applied in November will have their reports sent on a delay compared to those just applying now.

I just applied yesterday and the reports were sent instantly. Within an hour, which is amazing.

You might want to check closer. If you click View Report Information, it might show that the information hasn't actually been sent to the school.

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:19 pm

scribelaw wrote:
jl2032 wrote:That sucks if it means people who applied in November will have their reports sent on a delay compared to those just applying now.

You might want to check closer. If you click View Report Information, it might show that the information hasn't actually been sent to the school.
how do i confirm that a report has been sent? when i go to apply (tab) --> report status on LSAC site i see a list of the schools but the "Report Date" column only has a PDF for the first school to which I applied. all the others are empty as of now. what exactly does this mean?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:19 pm

scribelaw wrote:

They obviously send something to the school right away, because I got e-mails from most of the schools I applied to yesterday with a login for the status checker, but it looks like they have not sent most of the LDSAS reports yet.

jl2032

Bronze

Post by jl2032 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:18 pm

UGH... i was so happy when I saw that a few hours ago...

Why is LSAC's language so misleading? It says all of my applications are LSAC Completed and explains "An application is listed as "LSAC Completed" when

•a reportable LSAT score is on file;
•the required number of letters of recommendation are on file;
•all undergraduate transcripts are on file;
•the law school has requested a report;
•a report(s) has been sent.
"

Then, it says "A report has been sent" on the Law School Reports section of each application in the Applications tab...

But in the Report Status tab, the report date is blank and the general details say "4 requests received; 0 reports sent."

:( I guess I'm going to live in that Report Status tab for the next few weeks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”