Status Checker Addicts Welcome

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WhyBother?
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby WhyBother? » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:17 pm

I may lose my job because of my obsessive status checking. It's not that I spend so much time doing it, but it definitely breaks my attention and my productivity is way down. I am at work now, for instance. I just can't get my applications off my mind! I've got one T14 acceptance, so I can't really make myself care that much about work anymore. Is that wrong?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:19 pm

WhyBother? wrote:I may lose my job because of my obsessive status checking. It's not that I spend so much time doing it, but it definitely breaks my attention and my productivity is way down. I am at work now, for instance. I just can't get my applications off my mind! I've got one T14 acceptance, so I can't really make myself care that much about work anymore. Is that wrong?


I figure I can live on the streets/in my car for the next nine months till orientation if I get fired for being catastrophically unproductive.

User avatar
omega_watts
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby omega_watts » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
WhyBother? wrote:I may lose my job because of my obsessive status checking. It's not that I spend so much time doing it, but it definitely breaks my attention and my productivity is way down. I am at work now, for instance. I just can't get my applications off my mind! I've got one T14 acceptance, so I can't really make myself care that much about work anymore. Is that wrong?


I figure I can live on the streets/in my car for the next nine months till orientation if I get fired for being catastrophically unproductive.


I've gotten 3 accepts already which makes it even harder to care about my current gig. I actually have my personal laptop out at work and am shamelessly SCing (acronym I just made up for stat checking [the fact that I have time to go off on a tangent while going off on a tangent says heaps about my level of productivity]) instead of staring mindlessly at the phone waiting for a call, as I am so handsomely underpaid to do.

angioletto
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby angioletto » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:56 pm

I check my status daily, even though I know most of my schools didn't get their paper copies of my LSAT retake score until today.

I also check LSN daily to see if anyone else is reporting acceptances/denials from my schools.

I think I'd be better off if the internet didn't exist right now.

User avatar
omega_watts
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby omega_watts » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm sorry.

I wasnt listening... too busy getting my afternoon fix of SCing

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby bloodonthetracks » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:05 pm

i am already doing status checks -- and i sent my apps in one week ago.

User avatar
Puffy
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:04 am

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby Puffy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:52 pm

It would be so easy for schools to send an automated status updates every 15 mins., maybe create a twitter page that announces "X is now wait-listed!" I'm sure most people would appreciate it.

User avatar
omega_watts
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby omega_watts » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Puffy wrote:It would be so easy for schools to send an automated status updates every 15 mins., maybe create a twitter page that announces "X is now wait-listed!" I'm sure most people would appreciate it.

As wound up as most of us are, I think the 15min lag time would still seem like an eternity. I want to be notified by instant hologram, or I want updates sent directly to a chip that I can implant in my left eye.

I have got to get a hobby!

angioletto
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby angioletto » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:13 am

There is no point in checking status on weekends, right?

Right?

User avatar
omega_watts
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby omega_watts » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:24 am

angioletto wrote:There is no point in checking status on weekends, right?

Right?

IDK... If the status updates are posted to the LSAC website then Sat. is still worth checking. If not, then no.

But if you're a true addict, it doesnt matter. You'll be logging in to check like me all weekend. :shock:

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby zoomzoom88 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:03 am

how long between submitting apps and receiving a status checker?

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby nickb285 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 pm

I don't even have a status checker yet; I'm obsessively checking my LSAC account to see if my recommenders have submitted their letters yet (given that I initially asked them in friggin' AUGUST, met with/talked to them several times after that, and one of them hasn't even logged into LSAC yet). I'm a little terrified of how much refreshing I'm going to be doing once I can actually submit my apps.
Last edited by nickb285 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby zoomzoom88 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:25 pm

literally had the exact same situation!! i emailed her again and explained all the scholly money goes out in the beginning and i needed it desperately haha she got it to me that night!!

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby nickb285 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:37 pm

I've gotten one of them "guaranteed" by Friday as of a phone call earlier. The other was supposed to be done a week and a half ago. We'll see how this goes.

senorhosh
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 am

Re: Status Checker Addicts Welcome

Postby senorhosh » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:Does NYU not have an online status checker? I couldn't find one on their website, so maybe that's why I have not gotten an e-mail with that information.


they do not have one


Yeah they do don't they? left side of the jd admission page




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], eageragnostic, nathjf and 4 guests