DoubleChecks wrote:1. OP saying he were URM wouldnt make it more controversial...i think it'd just give a lot of ammo to the "he's a flame" team lol
2. ? you think most flames are ppl who never want to attend law school, one day decide to make an account and post something somewhat knowledgeable yet absurd at the same time? no...i imagine its ppl who have accounts on this site...are semi-regulars, got bored during the late hours (or got fed up reading certain threads) and created another quick account w/ no posts to do Exhibit A --> this thread
3. i thought TLS was all about discouraging ppl from asking DUMB questions. we all know TLS has a personality, and ive always thought it was on the money...id imagine someone w/ half a brain would do some research first...like quick glancing around the forum or available resources plastered all over the side of the home page or using the search function...asking these types of questions 100% will get TLSers coming out of the woodwork to 'comment'
4. lolwut? his question was answered right off the bat...multiple times, what are you smoking?
1. urm is the best way to make something controversial, even if it has nothing to do with making the op controversial, since it can devolve into an aa debate. have you not been on tls that long?
2. there are so many threads that exist already that i find it hard to get bored. creating alts is a great way to make the mods ban you, since the mods can see your ip or whatever. so no, the thought of making an alt doesn't sound that appealing. not saying no one does it...i know some people do, but i highly doubt they do it as often as people call flame. it is hard to believe there are *that* many bored already-posters.
3. tls can be extremely elitist, but i think the main point of tls is to give information about law school to whoever wants it. that is why i post here, that is why i answer questions here. i want to help people. sure, repetitive threads get obnoxious once you are here for a while, but there are only so many questions one can ask about law school. almost every thread can be answered by 'use the search function' and that snarky answer gets old.
4. many people happened to answer his question right off the bat itt, but i've seen many threads where people calling flame derail the thread before the op is even answered. i didn't say it happened itt. look at what i wrote again.