addendum help

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
itsfine

addendum help

Postby itsfine » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:11 pm

If anyone would be so kind as to spend 2 mins reading my LSAT addendum, I will kindly ask the Law School Admissions Gods to be on your side.

As you review my application, I ask you to look at my December 2009 LSAT score as a better indication of my potential success in law school.

The night before the September 2009 LSAT, my friend and I were slated to stay in a hotel near x College, which was our testing center. However, due to a reservation error and lack of available rooms, we were forced to make last minute adjustments concerning where we slept. We were able to secure a place to stay for the night at x College, my undergraduate institution, located thirty minutes away. Unfortunately, our only real option was to stay with someone who lived with seven other roommates. Given the situation and time, we were extremely elated to even have this place to sleep in. However, as one could expect on a Friday night, this lead to essentially impossible sleeping conditions that I believe negatively affected my test taking ability the next morning.

I was able to take the December 2009 LSAT in New York City, which is where I am from. I obviously did not run into any of the extraordinary problems that led to my poor test performance in September, and scored within my normal LSAT range.

this is my only reason for my LSAT score change..so would you go with this or just let the score "speak for itself" its a 6 point swing.

itsfine

Re: addendum help

Postby itsfine » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:35 pm

perhaps a bump

booboo

Postby booboo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:50 pm

6 points is an interesting area to be.

I would suggest looking for a TLS article that lists which school averages (or say so), and which take the highest. Adjust your addendum submission accordingly.

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:14 pm

itsfine wrote:If anyone would be so kind as to spend 2 mins reading my LSAT addendum, I will kindly ask the Law School Admissions Gods to be on your side.

As you review my application, I ask you to look at my December 2009 LSAT score as a better indication of my potential success in law school.

The night before the September 2009 LSAT, my friend and I were slated to stay in a hotel near x College, which was our testing center. However, due to a reservation error and lack of available rooms, we were forced to make last minute adjustments concerning where we slept. We were able to secure a place to stay for the night at x College, my undergraduate institution, located thirty minutes away. Unfortunately, our only real option was to stay with someone who lived with seven other roommates. Given the situation and time, we were extremely elated to even have this place to sleep in. However, as one could expect on a Friday night, this lead to essentially impossible sleeping conditions that I believe negatively affected my test taking ability the next morning.

I was able to take the December 2009 LSAT in New York City, which is where I am from. I obviously did not run into any of the extraordinary problems that led to my poor test performance in September, and scored within my normal LSAT range.

this is my only reason for my LSAT score change..so would you go with this or just let the score "speak for itself" its a 6 point swing.

If you're not applying to a school that averages, I wouldn't send it. If you are, then turn it into a 2-3 sentence addendum that gets right to the point. (When you first took the test, extraordinary problems prevented you from getting any rest the night before and your performance was affected. You retook the test under better conditions and believe that your new score is a more accurate gauge of your abilities)

itsfine

Postby itsfine » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:31 pm

thanks for the input guys i appreciate it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”