I think I screwed up... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gettinganxious

New

I think I screwed up...

Post by gettinganxious » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:51 pm

So at some point this fall I decided to only apply to a handful (I'm an idiot) of schools thinking that I would get an LSAT score similar to my practice tests. Dec 09 rolls around and I have a 167/3.64 (from a top school notorious for tough grading). I also have two years work experience from a Big 4 accounting firm in NYC and a CPA. What are my chances at the schools below and are there any suggestions for other law schools to submit a last minute app?

1. W&M
2. UVA
3. Duke
4. Georgetown
5. UPenn

rw2264

Bronze

Re: I think I screwed up...

Post by rw2264 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 pm

this is not last minute. its not early, but most people apply now. just send them in. you have a good shot at most of them.

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:53 pm

gettinganxious wrote:So at some point this fall I decided to only apply to a handful (I'm an idiot) of schools thinking that I would get an LSAT score similar to my practice tests. Dec 09 rolls around and I have a 167/3.64 (from a top school notorious for tough grading). I also have two years work experience from a Big 4 accounting firm in NYC and a CPA. What are my chances at the schools below and are there any suggestions for other law schools to submit a last minute app?

1. W&M
2. UVA
3. Duke
4. Georgetown
5. UPenn

William and Mary might be your only shot. Pepper the T-30 to your liking.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:54 pm

I would also apply to Cornell and NU. I think that you stand a decent shot of getting into one or the other.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:57 pm

chadwick218 wrote:I would also apply to Cornell and NU. I think that you stand a decent shot of getting into one or the other.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:02 pm

chadwick218 wrote:I would also apply to Cornell and NU. I think that you stand a decent shot of getting into one or the other.
Below both medians at NU, that is usually the kiss of death, but is right on the medians at Cornell.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:10 pm

gettinganxious wrote:So at some point this fall I decided to only apply to a handful (I'm an idiot) of schools thinking that I would get an LSAT score similar to my practice tests. Dec 09 rolls around and I have a 167/3.64 (from a top school notorious for tough grading). I also have two years work experience from a Big 4 accounting firm in NYC and a CPA. What are my chances at the schools below and are there any suggestions for other law schools to submit a last minute app?

1. W&M
2. UVA
3. Duke
4. Georgetown
5. UPenn
W&M? You're not quite an auto-admit, but you've got a great chance.

UVA? If you're a Virginia resident, then you've got a shot; otherwise, you are very unlikely to get in.

Duke? Unlikely, but probably your best bet (besides W&M) on the list.

Georgetown? Unlikely

Penn? Very unlikely

Even though everything outside of W&M is a long shot for you, I'd still apply to all of the schools on your list. You've probably got, say, a 30% chance of getting accepted by at least one of PVDG. If you don't apply at all, you've got a 0% chance. It's worth coughing up the 300 bucks, I think. Good luck.

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:20 pm

On your Georgetown application, did you put full time only, or did you put both? If you put full-time only call them or e-mail ASAP and ask to switch it to both. I think you have a pretty decent shot at part time, but full time is a reach.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”