GPA Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Clive1

GPA Addendum

Postby Clive1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:29 am

Quick question:

I took a few college-level classes my senior year in high school (13 years ago) and obviously didn't know what kind of impact it would make on me over a decade later, dropping my LSDAS gpa to 3.38 from a degree gpa of 3.5. Is it worth it to add an addendum explaining how I was a 17 year old without any real perspective or is the fact that it's already on my transcripts enough explanation for that? Also, with a number of years of job experience, does it even really matter? It couldn't hurt, could it?

Re: GPA Addendum

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:34 am

Clive1 wrote:Quick question:

I took a few college-level classes my senior year in high school (13 years ago) and obviously didn't know what kind of impact it would make on me over a decade later, dropping my LSDAS gpa to 3.38 from a degree gpa of 3.5. Is it worth it to add an addendum explaining how I was a 17 year old without any real perspective or is the fact that it's already on my transcripts enough explanation for that? Also, with a number of years of job experience, does it even really matter? It couldn't hurt, could it?

I doubt it will help or hurt.

And to put your mind at ease going from 3.5 to 3.38 really only hurts you at Chicago, Columbia, and Duke, and even at 3.5 you'd still need a 172+ or you'd get rejected anyway.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”