Penn State Part-time Admission

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nepa

Penn State Part-time Admission

Postby nepa » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Does anyone know if Penn State offers part-time admission? I was looking at the application and did not see any section for part-time application?

Also, is it better to apply now and note that I am retaking in Feb. or just wait until I get the Feb. score back?

Is it possible to apply for the spring semester at Penn State?

Lastly, if I was to enroll part-time, is it possible to switch to full-time? I looked at Penn State's website and could not find any information.

usuaggie

Re: Penn State Part-time Admission

Postby usuaggie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 pm

I googled dickinson law part time, and things showed up suggesting there USED to be a part time program. TLS says that there is a part time program in their description, but I think that has become outdated. I can't find anything on their website or their application, and their tuition does not have a part time number --LinkRemoved--

Hooooowwwever, if you look at lsac's stats, they have 89 part time admissions at PSU, and the tuition as only 2,000 dollars less than full time.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that Dickinson did away with their part time program. I would email the school and ask to make sure if I were you though.

VioletB

Postby VioletB » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm

nepa wrote:Does anyone know if Penn State offers part-time admission? I was looking at the application and did not see any section for part-time application?

Also, is it better to apply now and note that I am retaking in Feb. or just wait until I get the Feb. score back?

Is it possible to apply for the spring semester at Penn State?

Lastly, if I was to enroll part-time, is it possible to switch to full-time? I looked at Penn State's website and could not find any information.

I was also wondering about the PT program, and I just received an e-mail from the Admissions Operations Coordinator: "We do not have a part time program at Penn State Dickinson Law School. If you wish to apply, it would have to be for the full time program."

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:13 pm

I believe they axed it this year. They are looking to move up the rankings and the new rankings formula disadvantages those with PT programs.

GoodToBeTheKing

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:55 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:I believe they axed it this year. They are looking to move up the rankings and the new rankings formula disadvantages those with PT programs.

they did... i emailed them a couple months ago

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”